Michael Thomas had best season for rookie WR since Randy Moss- BuckNuts (1 Viewer)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
Yes- for the delinquents, BuckNuts is the real name of the publication. Now that that is over.........

You knew former Ohio State wide receiver Michael Thomas had a good rookie season with the New Orleans Saints.

But did you know exactly how good?

Per Football Outsiders, Thomas turned in the best season for an NFL rookie WR since Randy Moss.

Yes Whodats, we have us an AJ Green class WR. Read and enjoy just how very special is MT!

Michael Thomas had best season for rookie WR since Randy Moss

much rather have a Julio Jones type WR but whatever. At least we hit big on a 1st round prospect.

Thx for posting this!!
MT is going to be special.

My pleasure. I thought there would be some pushback because of the source, Bucknuts, but the data is solid. About a decade ago, I spent 6 months in Columbus OH on an assignment and made a bunch of really good friends. The ones that went to Ohio State are really nutz. Many of them have a Buckeye tattooed on their upper Right butt cheek. Apparently this is the sign of a real Buckeye fan :aargh:

If win win another SB in the next 5 years, I'll have a Fleur De Lis (Sp?) tattooed on mine right cheek. FOR REAL!

My pleasure. I thought there would be some pushback because of the source, Bucknuts, but the data is solid. About a decade ago, I spent 6 months in Columbus OH on an assignment and made a bunch of really good friends. The ones that went to Ohio State are really nutz. Many of them have a Buckeye tattooed on their upper Right butt cheek. Apparently this is the sign of a real Buckeye fan :aargh:

If win win another SB in the next 5 years, I'll have a Fleur De Lis (Sp?) tattooed on mine right cheek. FOR REAL!
Yeah, that's really too much info.

Great post/find, Swimmer. :9:

Obviously, Bucknuts relates to the Ohio State Buckeyes.

You'd expect the article to be slanted in MT's favor. Even so, you can't argue against the points made. Good find!

"What we didn't realize, though, was that Thomas had done all this on just 121 targets. That gave him a catch rate of 76 percent, second-best of the 93 qualifying wide receivers this season. Dallas' Cole Beasley was first at 77 percent, but Thomas averaged 12.4 yards per catch, compared to Beasley's 11.1.

:gosaints:

He would be wise tocall Jerry Rice, today, locking down a spot in his camp....getting one-on-one and paying him extra, if necessary. Then, call the best DBs that hold camps, like Deion and Charles Woodson, learn tricks of the trade from both angles.

He has the moves, body and intangibles that could help him be good for a long time.

I knew during the preseason that MT was going to surprise a lot of people, but I didn't think he would surprise me. Somehow, he surpassed the expectations of even the most enamored among us. With the exception of the Broncos game, he was a key part of keeping this team competitive this year. His stats are even more impressive when you consider the fact that we brought him along slowly into the offense a la Cooks' rookie season, before unleashing him after the first 6 weeks.

The picture on GIS to start the season was another Michael Thomas and he's already firmly rooted himself as a young player to watch in the NFL. If he continues to improve, Drew might finally have that superstar WR he has lacked his whole career for its twilight.

Didn't read the article yet so not sure if this was touched on but I though odell had second best rookie season so MT would be 3rd? From my memory Odell missed like the first 3-4games and ended with insane stats

I wondered why you specified your right cheek. Then I remembered you mentioning you used to be a Tampa fan and you have a Buccaneer on your left.

Yep, a butt pirate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom