Michael Thomas high-ankle injury, believes he can play through (2 Viewers)

Interesting problem to have -- you have the top receiver (arguably) in the league on an offense that can have spotty play at times but still win games and come within a crappy call from putting up a 40-burger on Opening Day. Next week, you play an AFC opponent that won't count in the most important tiebreakers but you'd still like to keep winning. You don't really have anyone else on the roster capable of being the WR1 like MT13 can.

So whaddya do?

Hmm if we want to think long term and be cautious then we sit him out until his 100%. We have Sanders, Cook, Kamara, Smith, Harris, Montgomery, and Taysom Hill. And if you absolutely need another name to draw defenders or to utilize then c'mon down Dez or Antonio Brown lol

I'd give him the week off. We have plenty of weapons.

Go sleep in the chamber for a week.
Yep. No game should be taken for granted, and sitting Thomas doesn’t mean the Saints are doing so against the Raiders, but we simply can’t have a lingering high ankle problem for CGM. Rest it for a week, and then see where we are for Week 3.

Even if he's just out there as a decoy and and not getting targeted much, he will open things up for other guys. It's why we never sat Kamara for multiple weeks last year.

We are playing complementary football right now. Losing MT would hurt but lets not underappreciate the contributions of the D and ST. We also made due without AK and Drew some last season and we know how resilient the team was.

Interesting problem to have -- you have the top receiver (arguably) in the league on an offense that can have spotty play at times but still win games and come within a crappy call from putting up a 40-burger on Opening Day. Next week, you play an AFC opponent that won't count in the most important tiebreakers but you'd still like to keep winning. You don't really have anyone else on the roster capable of being the WR1 like MT13 can.

So whaddya do?
Just about any other player, I’d put them on the shelf no questions
But MT is such a dialed in freak I’m not sure I’d mess with it - whatever he thinks he can do

Saquon made it back in 4 weeks last year and wasn't the same player until the end of the year.

Just something to keep in mind : Saquon was in a walking boot and crutches during the game after his injury. MT was standing on the sideline after his without wrap or ice.

Just something to keep in mind : Saquon was in a walking boot and crutches during the game after his injury. MT was standing on the sideline after his without wrap or ice.
Yeah... it seem to be a real light sprain. I don't think he'll be out longer than a game if he doesn't play through it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom