Saints Michael Thomas makes his best sales pitch for Teddy Bridgewater (1 Viewer)

I don't think Teddy is "great" at this stage of his career. Effectively, he hasn't played a meaningful down of football in over 2 years. He has to be rusty no matter how much of our system he learned. Practice can only be so helpful. That being said, I think he is better than what many teams have and if we continue to build our team on the defensive side of the ball then QB play becomes a little flexible. When Drew retires, we will be closer to being a dominant defensive team than an offensive juggernaut. We will need someone to manage games and not make crucial mistakes.

Accuracy is one of his qualities and required for this offense imo. He's young and if he can continue to grow he could be around for some team for many years. I think most of us don't look forward to constant QB change and mediocre seasons as a result of Drew retiring so the thought of having a replacement for Drew is comforting. Maybe it's Teddy, maybe not. If he resigns with us I will really look forward to the off-season and pre-season games to see how much he has grown in our system.

Why will Davison not be back? I thought he played well or at least not badly. And we don't have draft picks to replace him.

Taylor Stallworth played just as well if not better then Davison when he got his chance

It's up to Bridgewater. If he wants a shot to start on a good team, he'll sign for cheap and ride the pine one more year.

If he wants $15+M, then cya later.

Wait, why would we expect Tyler Davison to not return? He definitely has a role on this team and is not going to cost much to re-sign. With Rankins hurt and Onyemata probably suspended, they're not going let him just walk. I think Ingram is more likely to leave and I'm pretty sure that Ingram returns.

Agreed, that part stuck out to me too...Davison is a core player, not a elite player but he is a lunch pale guy who as a NT does his job, he and Stallworth are good at that position and that position is not a big money position.

I don't get this infatuation with Bridgewater.

He looked mediocre in the season finale and Brees is playing at least 2 more seasons.

I throw that game out the window for a variety of reasons. OL, pressing a bit to get MT the record, meaningless game for us, etc.

I put a lot more stock in what SP, MT and company saw in Teddy in practice and behind closed doors. If they’re all in on Teddy as the successor, so am I. If not, they’ve done their due diligence.

He about got MT killed trying to get the record. I wasn't as impressed with TB as I hoped/thought I was going to be. Maybe it was just a bad game and not a good representation of the QB he can be.

I think Teddy could be "that guy" to replace Brees once he hangs it up. I would like to see him play more in the preseason and see what he can really do with a few games under him in the Black and Gold uniform.

I don't get this infatuation with Bridgewater.

He looked mediocre in the season finale and Brees is playing at least 2 more seasons.

Kamara - I am with you on doubts that Bridgewater could lead us to a SB. But to his credit, he was playing with 2nd and 3rd stringers and our best offensive weapons played very little. This decision is one where I trust Sean Payton completely.

I think Teddy wants to stay here and if he does it will imply that Drew will retire after this year. There is thin pickings when it comes to free agent quarterbacks. Teddy will get offers that we can't or won't be willing to match so he next few weeks will be telling. I hope we can keep him here and it seems we have a plan to keep him hopefully it works out. I think we brought him for more than just a insurance policy just for 2018.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom