Michael Thomas makes this offense (1 Viewer)

Team probably would of had a better chance at winning but last week Thomas didn't have big numbers and Drew was still drinking and dunking.

They say that the clothes don’t make the man, but tonight we saw that we were completely naked without Michael Thomas. I don’t want to rush him back, but we need to figure out a way to drag Drew’s corpse of an arm into a top 10 offense.
Because Brees needs a WR with great hands when he can only throw 30 yards down the field. We cant even use Saunders because Brees cant throw down the field. That last drive we didnt even try a long pass and that says it all. This season reminds of the 2014 when we thought we had a great defense and in reality they sucked.

Brees just seems out of sync with the receivers and the play calling is kind of ridiculous. Something more is going on that we don’t know and I’m not sure what that could be atm.

There were open guys that Drew missed. Younger Drew would have shredded them with all the time he had back there today
Its not the same Drew. Release seems off...no one open or lack of confidence to pull the trigger on the tight throws.

He drops back looks down field then checks dow or goes undeerneath.

check down,underneath, dump off, screen. There’s the offense so far...

then the underneath should be wide open. While thats all we had last night, we still struggled.

Yeah, I mean they did play the short game to an extent. They had 3 TDs and a FG taking what the defense gave them. That Int and penalty killed drive really shot them in the foot. Only one drive really stalled within the game plan. The defense didn't leave them much room for error either.

Last edited:
Its not the same Drew. Release seems off...no one open or lack of confidence to pull the trigger on the tight throws.

He drops back looks down field then checks dow or goes undeerneath.

check down,underneath, dump off, screen. There’s the offense so far...

Seems like this is what we get when a piece of the OL changes. As someone else mentioned, he's a creature of habit, likes routine. When he has a static OL for weeks at a time, he's great. But when the OL changes, until he finds confidence behind them, he tends to look unsure of himself and sticks to the short passes. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be a theme. Even some of the easy short passes that would have been catch and runs were off, like the out route to Hill that was a yard wide. Also, when the OL changes, usually there's a drop off in their play due to someone that's typically a backup being put into a starter's role.

There's also the aspect of missing the top WR in the game today.

Yeah, I mean they did play the short game to an extent. They had 3 TDs and a FG giving what the defense gave them. That Int and penalty killed drive really shot them in the foot. Only one drive really stalled within the game plan. The defense didn't leave them much room for error either.
One of the ways the short game works is when you can't cover or tackle and you give up the RAC yards. That was last night. Could not cover the TE and could not tackle anyone.

Because Brees needs a WR with great hands when he can only throw 30 yards down the field. We cant even use Saunders because Brees cant throw down the field. That last drive we didnt even try a long pass and that says it all. This season reminds of the 2014 when we thought we had a great defense and in reality they sucked.
Drew use to throw guys open and make stars out of WR's they picked up on the waiver wire. Those days are history.

Seems like this is what we get when a piece of the OL changes. As someone else mentioned, he's a creature of habit, likes routine. When he has a static OL for weeks at a time, he's great. But when the OL changes, until he finds confidence behind them, he tends to look unsure of himself and sticks to the short passes. Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to be a theme. Even some of the easy short passes that would have been catch and runs were off, like the out route to Hill that was a yard wide. Also, when the OL changes, usually there's a drop off in their play due to someone that's typically a backup being put into a starter's role.

There's also the aspect of missing the top WR in the game today.

I think we are seeing the impact that no preseason has had in terms of allowing Brees and the new pieces of the OL to gel. Add in the absence of Thomas, and Drew‘s age, and it’s no wonder he didn’t look good. No one is denying that he’s aging, but the people who are blaming this poor performance entirely on his age need to be patient, and consider the impact that no preseason has had. And at the end of the day, Brees did not allow the Raiders offense to move down the field multiple times.

They say that the clothes don’t make the man, but tonight we saw that we were completely naked without Michael Thomas. I don’t want to rush him back, but we need to figure out a way to drag Drew’s corpse of an arm into a top 10 offense.

We have much bigger problems than missing MT on offense. SP refuses to stick with the running game, when we are absolutely gashing them early. 19 runs for an almost 6 yard average while Brees jacks it up almost 40 times? They should have run it at least 30 times in that game and they probably get a win....

And someone needs to tell the defense they are not as good as they think they are right now.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom