Michael Thomas makes this offense (1 Viewer)

We need to attack down the field more. Defs are playing short yardage

There were open guys that Drew missed. Younger Drew would have shredded them with all the time he had back there today

They say that the clothes don’t make the man, but tonight we saw that we were completely naked without Michael Thomas. I don’t want to rush him back, but we need to figure out a way to drag Drew’s corpse of an arm into a top 10 offense.

His arm isn't dead. I don't know what his issue is but it isn't that.

We didn’t lose tonight because of Mike‘s absence. We were actually more fluid on offense tonight than we were on last week.

One of the main problems was exactly what everyone else has said: Drew stunk it up. His timing was off and he seems unsure of when to throw the ball. Even with that Gruden took a chance on a 54 yard field goal rather than to punt the ball and give DB9 a chance to march back down the field. I don’t know if it’s mental or that the lack of Preseason and reps during training camp has thrown off his timing. Maybe we are looking at week three preseason Drew in the second week of our actual season. He is a creature of habit. Without arm strength, he has to completely lean on accuracy. That requires timing, which ultimately is built from reps. I won’t excuse his play. His arm strength is clearly diminished. I also think that we tend to come out of the gates shaky every season since 2014.

Side note: I have a funny feeling that we look better next week. The sports media is going to rip us to shreds for the next seven days. We tend to play up(and down) to the level of our competition.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom