Michael Thomas or Jarvis Landry (1 Viewer)

Saint Snide

All-Pro
Reaction score
Watching Miami, Thomas and Landry seem very similar. I know some wanted to draft Landry in the 2nd rd.

Curious to see which has a better career. Stats may be hard to help decide which is better. Thomas has Drew and Landry well he has somebody.

Both have sure hands and physical runners.

Slaw

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thomas is bigger and faster. Other than that, they seem similar. Size and speed gives Thomas the edge.

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Landry plays alot in the slot and rins a different route tree then Thomas does.

AshleyShaffer

Very Banned
Reaction score
Michael Thomas and Larry Fitzgerald are the same height, weight, and very similar speed. Fitzy is a 1st ballot HOFer, but a guy can dream right.

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Michael Thomas and Larry Fitzgerald are the same height, weight, and very similar speed. Fitzy is a 1st ballot HOFer, but a guy can dream right.
Well Fitz only had 58 rec for 780 yds and 8 tds his rookie year so Thomas should become the GOAT

OP

Saint Snide

All-Pro
Reaction score
So I assume knowing what we know now. Most would keep Thomas over Landry?

St.Fury

Staff member
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Well Fitz only had 58 rec for 780 yds and 8 tds his rookie year so Thomas should become the GOAT
His second year, when Warner got to AZ, he nearly doubled that. Thomas had the luxury of having Drew his rookie season. That should be a big advantage going forward. I watched Kurt Warners "A Football Life" list a few days ago. Both Fitz and Warner discussed h I w Fitz was talented but didn't really have any kind of direction his rookie season. One of them mentioned t h at Fitz basically said he was,good enough. Why do more. But Kurt showed him how to be great. If Drew has had anywhere close to that type of impact on Thomas, the guy will be phenomenal for many years.

Section 302

Veteran
Reaction score
How about Landry or SJB, since Landry was available when we picked SJB. I wonder where SJB is today? :angryrazz:

Reaction score
Bogotá, Colombia - via - Metairie, LA, USA
So I assume knowing what we know now. Most would keep Thomas over Landry?
It's hard to determine that for 2 reasons: Thomas has only played 1 season, and they play different roles.

Thomas had a better and great rookie year, but Landry has been doing it for 3 years now. It appears that Thomas will turn into the best WR drafted in the last couple years, but it's hard to tell bc many rookies have looked great and then fell apart.

Maybe Thomas has more potential in the long run due to his physical attributes, but Landry is almost like a Hynes Ward clone. Maybe Thomas has Fitz potential due to similarities in play style, but Landry has had the better career so far.

None of these things are a knock on Thomas tho - Landry has just played for longer.

BroKV

Pelón
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees is such a huge difference for our receivers. Evans had a good year but Winston just throws terrible passes 50% of the time.

dutar76

5th Year Option
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Thomas.

Landry can't sign with the Saints because he played for LSU.

I like the Landry / Snead comparison above. That seems right to me. Landry has seen ton of targets and seems to catch everything. Snead will never see anywhere near as many targets. But they do seem somehow similar. We spread the ball around, For 2 years Landry was all Miami had except 3 or 4 deep throws a game to Stills.

stevend

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
How about Landry or SJB, since Landry was available when we picked SJB. I wonder where SJB is today? :angryrazz:
Landry would be huge in Payton's offense. But no way we could have picked Cooks and Landry.

When all is said and done, I think Thomas will be the better player. And that is coming from the guy who thought Jarvis Landry would be a better player than OBJ.

thetownedrunkard

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Thomas.

Landry can't sign with the Saints because he played for LSU.

I like the Landry / Snead comparison above. That seems right to me. Landry has seen ton of targets and seems to catch everything. Snead will never see anywhere near as many targets. But they do seem somehow similar. We spread the ball around, For 2 years Landry was all Miami had except 3 or 4 deep throws a game to Stills.
Landry is so much better than Snead it's not close. I love landrys game. So sad we coulda had him, Allen Robinson or Moncrief instead of sjb who's not even in the league anymore. Landry reminds me of a quicker anquan boldin/ Hines ward.

VPCajun

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Watching Miami, Thomas and Landry seem very similar. I know some wanted to draft Landry in the 2nd rd.

Curious to see which has a better career. Stats may be hard to help decide which is better. Thomas has Drew and Landry well he has somebody.

Both have sure hands and physical runners.

Well, for a Fair Contest, the Saints should sign Landry... :ezbill:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)