Michael Thomas Performance (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Will MTs performance be the same with Bridgewater playing?

Can we expect the high volume of catches to still be there?

I think that he’ll still get the volume, but the quality of yardage will be affected. His rate of TD’s will be greatly affected as well.

When the backup quarterback plays, the players most affected are the third and fourth receivers. Less talented quarterback’s focus on their best players. They rarely get through all their progressions and zero in on the first two reads.

I suspect Michael Thomas will have a very big year

Last edited:
MT will eat because he'll be open even if seattle keys on him. It's kinda his thing.

Just hope this week that AK and Cook eat too. There was absolutely no reason for AK to get shut down like he did last week, regardless who was throwing him the ball. I blame the OL 75% and Teddy 25% for that.

Cook was just doing his best Fleener impersonation. Hope that was a one-and-done slump for him. We seriously need him to be a big part of our offense.

I think his targets are going to be about the same but his efficiency will drop because not all targets are created equal. When pressed into duty, young QBs and backup QBs have a tendency to focus on their best receiving threat. It's only natural. They have a security blanket and think that throwing to that player will give them the best chance to succeed.

And if the Saints are playing from behind and/or getting into shootouts then Mike is going to see a ton of targets.

I think his targets are going to be about the same but his efficiency will drop because not all targets are created equal. When pressed into duty, young QBs and backup QBs have a tendency to focus on their best receiving threat. It's only natural. They have a security blanket and think that throwing to that player will give them the best chance to succeed.

And if the Saints are playing from behind and/or getting into shootouts then Mike is going to see a ton of targets.
I would be happy losing in a shootout based on last week's performance. At least it'd prove we can put the points on the board to even be in a shootout. I really think our D is better than Seattle's so as long as the offense can keep the chains moving and put up points, we could very well win this game.

Hopefully with a full week of practice, Teddy has gained some confidence in his anticipation throws. I think that’s what hurt him so bad last week, he was waiting for Receivers to be open instead of throwing in anticipation of them being open like Drew does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom