Michael Thomas PFF (1 Viewer)

You don't need PFF stats to see that Thomas is a beast. He's got the technique of a vet, plays big, and has the mentality of a great player. Great fit with Drew and a perfect compliment to Cooks.

Funny how the FO has been lambasted for their drafts and Thomas was specifically targeted for the ire of the forum from last years draft. Most of the more vocal people wanted a lineman. Now that they are playing pretty well, the same people are saying credit should go to Drew and Payton for making them look better. In regards to Thomas, everyone talks about how great he is doing, but very few seems to directly credit the FO for getting the pick right and subsequently, giving them credit for passing on a lineman in favor of Thomas.

Couple that with Cook's fumble recovery against KC. We probably have the most fundamentally sound receiving corps in the league right now. Fleener is making improvements every week, and they're still giving Coleman opportunities so I think he's progressing at least in the eyes of the coaches.

I think the youth movement is paying off for this team, first on offense and hopefully soon to come on defense. Because now you have T L Lewis and Lasco learning from these leaders. I think the coaches have made a statement in releasing Spiller and sticking with Cadet. Talent isn't going to solve all your problems and make you a starter. You need to play smart and know the system.

That fumble recovery against KC was made by Thomas and not Cooks.

I can't remember a richer field of ROY candidates. (Just think, Rankins could be among them!)

Thomas would really have to catch fire and put up a lot of TD's to win. Even then, if the Saints aren't in the playoffs, his chances are slim. Regardless, he will be high up and I'm already proud of him.

I definitely believe he is going the be the best WR in the draft. He can do it all and the best thing is he is technical. Once he grows physically with NFL weight training he will be unstoppable.
This was my thought. Just like Colston his second year, put on some weight and look out!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Funny how the FO has been lambasted for their drafts and Thomas was specifically targeted for the ire of the forum from last years draft. Most of the more vocal people wanted a lineman.

Hey, some of us said he was the most pro-ready WR in the draft.

Anybody who had seen 7-8 Ohio State games last year would have come to the same conclusion.

Here it is. It was Thomas.

Attachments

• IMG_20161027_233747.jpg
    IMG_20161027_233747.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5
I remember before the past two drafts people saying hell no, not a WR. Drew can make anyone look good. . . . .I bet they are all much happier now having this youth movement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom