Michael Thomas reminds me of Marques Coltson (2 Viewers)

Props to him....it's obvious that he is a great team mate too. I loved the shot of him going up the sideline talking it up with everyone!

Who Dat!

I can't remember the last time a Rookie wide receiver came in and played with such Veteran saavy, he has excellent field awareness, Route running, and hand usage for someone just coming out of college.

I guess although their playstyles are different, the way he has come into this league and established himself right out of the gate is reminiscent of Colston's rookie year where he burst onto the scene.

I don't see the comparison at all. Thomas is so much more physical.

correct

brandon marshall is who he reminds me of, physicality, strong hands, can get off the line, smart instincts

not the fastest receiver but will get the most out of every catch

that is brandon marshall

correct

brandon marshall is who he reminds me of, physicality, strong hands, can get off the line, smart instincts

not the fastest receiver but will get the most out of every catch

that is brandon marshall

Yes. I don't see him as a speed guy, but definitely a quickness and strength guy. A true move the chains guy.

Thomas is tough and has more speed but to say he's more physical than a guy who played dinged up most every year of his career including missing a couple of weeks with a broken collarbone(where he toughed it out to line up the next play to clock the ball after the injury) is just inaccurate.

Saying Mike Thomas is more physical than Colston is just a little.. imprecise. Colston used to seek contact after the catch and ******* crack db's in his younger days lol. Mike Thomas will shake em and gets more YAC, but Thomas is pretty physical coming off the line and gets off press better than any of our receivers

Thomas is tough and has more speed but to say he's more physical than a guy who played dinged up most every year of his career including missing a couple of weeks with a broken collarbone(where he toughed it out to line up the next play to clock the ball after the injury) is just inaccurate.

Thomas has tweaked ankle right now...

Apparently some people in this thread thing Toughness and Physicality are the exact same thing. Complimenting Rhomas physicality(ability to get off press) doesn't take away from Colstons toughness(playing through injury)

If we can dig up the predictions thread before the season started, one of mine was he would be our number 1 by the end of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colston on facebook said Mike Thomas is the real deal.

Colston seems pretty impressed. He hasn't posted on Facebook since April and it was Michael Thomas to bring him back out. :9:

As far as chemistry with Brees, Thomas has picked up right where Colston left off and it will be exciting to continue to watch the QB/WR relationship develop between the two.

I must admit that Thomas was the guy I was most excited about during the draft and he has far exceeded my expectations. If he stays injury free, he should have a long career in the NFL and hopefully stay with the Saints as Colston did.

Attachments

• michaelmarquescolston.jpg
    michaelmarquescolston.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 99
Guy reminds me more of a Brandon Marshall type of receiver than Colston. He is one hungry player though which is very similar to the way Colston showed up his rookie year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom