Michael Thomas reminds me of Marques Coltson (1 Viewer)

Colston is my second favorite Saints of all-time after Knight. Colston was a different receiver. Colston knew how to find the zones in a defense, knew how to use every inch of his 6'4" frame, and was an absolute martyr on the field.

Thomas reminds me much more of Jerry Rice. He doesn't have a single flaw to his game and is just a brilliant football mind. They had very similar size and just insane ability within 10 yards. How often was Rice jammed? He was just too quick off the LOS with impeccable hands and footwork.

I haven't seen a possession receiver as impressive as a rookie since Anquan Bolden...and quite frankly, Thomas is more talented. I sincerely think that we could be watching a pretty special player.

Colston is my second favorite Saints of all-time after Knight. Colston was a different receiver. Colston knew how to find the zones in a defense, knew how to use every inch of his 6'4" frame, and was an absolute martyr on the field.

Thomas reminds me much more of Jerry Rice. He doesn't have a single flaw to his game and is just a brilliant football mind. They had very similar size and just insane ability within 10 yards. How often was Rice jammed? He was just too quick off the LOS with impeccable hands and footwork.

I haven't seen a possession receiver as impressive as a rookie since Anquan Bolden...and quite frankly, Thomas is more talented. I sincerely think that we could be watching a pretty special player.

Rather high praise you have there Sammy

MT is a humble kid...
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He left <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/blueprint?src=hash">#blueprint</a> in the building I&#39;m just following the details! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/shhhh?src=hash">#shhhh</a> <a href="https://t.co/4CN7goXY0e">https://t.co/4CN7goXY0e</a></p>&mdash; Mike Thomas (@Cantguardmike) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cantguardmike/status/795444754876022784">November 7, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He reminds me of Dez Bryant without all the crap.:)

Thomas is really good. Get seperation and run precise routes. Just throw him the ball he grabs it. The guy is good for a rookie.

They are both high character and reliable, but have completely different receiving talent.

Colston was stiff and not very athletic, but smart, tough, strong, and used his size well.

Thomas plays like a smaller, more athletic receiver. If he were just a tad faster, he would be insane.

marques colston is in my top 5 all time saints who broke franchised records and played at a level above what was expected of him for years. i got nothing but respect and appreciation for what he did in a saints uniform. that said, michael thomas is on another level. hard to think of a guy with his size who gets off the line like that. he's similar to marques in his ability to hang onto the ball and his ability to fight for catches, but there's something about the way he's doing it 8 games into his career that stands out. call it pedigree, whatever. its crazy to think of where he'll be after another offseason working with drew.

He's better than Colston by a lot. That's not a knock to Colston because he was of my all-time favorites. But, Thomas has all the tools and is much better in one key area. Hands

If I were to compare him to a former Saints receiver, I'd have to go with Joe Horn! Good speed, route running, physicality, fast hands. To me he is Joe Horn without the the Horn persona!

More physical than Colston, he has a swagger without trying to have a swagger.

Cooks and Thomas actually have a shot to make the Pro Bowl this year, something unfortunately Colston never got to do for a lot of reasons (most of them stupid.)

Thomas has about 100 yards less that OBJ, despite having 17 less targets, and they have the same number of TD's so far. Thomas actually has 2 more 20+ yard receptions than OBJ. Think about that for a minute.

In fact, only 3 players in the league have both more yards and more TD's than Thomas - Crabtree, Antonio Brown, and Mike Evans (who has more than twice the targets that Thomas has.)

I don't see the comparison at all. Thomas is so much more physical.

WTF? Did you see Colston play throughout his career? He was one of the most physical receivers in the NFL before his decline....

Different type of receiver but the best thing Thomas does in my opinion is that he's sneaky good at getting yards after the catch because he catches the ball and gets up the field without hesitation. No dancing. No BS. As a CB, he gets on you before you can react and he's physical enough to run you over.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom