Michael Thomas says 'the proof is in the pudding' for Saints receivers' claim to top spot in the NFL (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story - The Advocate

Michael Thomas is proud of the way the New Orleans Saints' receiving corps has played this season.

Proud enough that he's ready to defend his group against any other group in the NFL.

After the NFL Network's postgame show suggested the Giants' trio of Odell Beckham Jr., Sterling Shepard and Victor Cruz might be the league's best, both Thomas and Willie Snead responded on Twitter by hinting at their own case for that honor.

Thomas believes the Saints group — led by himself, Brandin Cooks and Willie Snead — is the best collection of receivers in the league.

"Numbers speak louder than words, I feel like," he said. "I feel like the proof is in the pudding, and I feel like it solves itself when you use Google."

New Orleans' top three receivers have combined for more catches (213) and yards (2,731) than any other trio in the NFL, and the Saints' triplets rank second with 20 touchdown catches behind the Green Bay Packers' group of Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams and Randall Cobb (25), according to ESPN Stats & Information.

BY JOEL A. ERICKSON

Full Story - The Advocate

More from The advocate:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom