Michael Thomas should be ok (ankle) (1 Viewer)

He got knocked off his rocker on his first coach. No doubt it affected him the rest of the game.
He did take a shot and if you watch the next huddle, he’s bent at the waist with his hands on his knees like he was either catching his breath or in discomfort following the shot. When I saw him linger a bit, I was concerned. His body language was that of someone in significant discomfort.

I don't expect CGM to be back till after the bye week.

Three theories...

1. He really is injured more than expected. That's the simple plain honest one.

2. They are making it sound worse than it is to do some gamesmanship and make him look Herculean (since it isn't in the official injury report yet, just the media). Until Sean lists him Thursday and has him as doubtful or out, I'm not switching horses too fast here.

3. He has a different injury (bruised ribs?) and they don't want people taking shots at him, so they're talking about the Ankle.

I've seen two reports online tonight that Michael Thomas will be out multiple weeks with this ankle injury. Can anyone confirm this for certain?

Been reported that CGM has a high ankle sprain. That is a lingering injury. It's actually a tear. This can linger an entire season if he rushes back. High ankle sprains basically destroy a player's ability to cut hard on that leg. I hope they keep him on the sideline until healed, even if that takes 4-6 weeks.

He's been right more than wrong.

I guess we'll see.

What he does is easy for anyone with basic sports med knowledge. What makes him disliked within the sports community is his insistence on speculating on diagnosis and prognosis of players he hasn’t actually evaluated.

Been reported that CGM has a high ankle sprain. That is a lingering injury. It's actually a tear. This can linger an entire season if he rushes back. High ankle sprains basically destroy a player's ability to cut hard on that leg. I hope they keep him on the sideline until healed, even if that takes 4-6 weeks.

or if you’re Alabama you perform an unnecessary surgical procedure and get the player back on the field limping around two weeks later.

Yea he needs to heal up 100%. I remember PT had an ankle thing the year after the super bowl and he missed a ton of games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom