Michael Thomas signs new 1 year deal ($1.26M base salary, 10M total guaranteed, up to 5M in incentives, $14.2M cap hit in 2023) (1 Viewer)

From everything I’ve heard and read, Michael Thomas is working out now w/out restrictions.

I’m telling you guys… if MT13 can just avoid the bug (and he’s certainly due) this could be one of the biggest free agent signings across the entire league this offseason!

The guy I saw play in that opener vs the Failclowns last season was MICHAEL THOMAS! He looked primed to continue to build on that start and be right back at the top of the WR rankings… unfortunately an injured Jameis Winston threw a couple of badly inaccurate passes that got both Thomas and Landry injured.

Refreshing every so often to get an update on the MT contract (what’s with the second year roster bonus on a one year deal), this came up on the Spotrac twitter. May just be a bot pulling info from their site.

Refreshing every so often to get an update on the MT contract (what’s with the second year roster bonus on a one year deal), this came up on the Spotrac twitter. May just be a bot pulling info from their site.

So if MT plays in 2025 is that money still dead?

So if MT plays in 2025 is that money still dead?
He could spread some of that out if he plays in 2025, but I thought we were going to be trying to figure that problem out next year, when his dead money is higher. It was reported everywhere as a one year deal but is showing as a two year deal.

Thats a good deal. The Saints would've lost 30 mill if they had to cut him this year.

Kinda looks like what they already had, just throwing out the roster bonus.

So do we know for sure if this is actually a 2 year deal. Looks like it on both cap sites.

That reads a lot different than $10m guaranteed for one year with $5m in incentives.

Looks more like $6.26m guaranteed, plus a $3.74m bonus that depends on active roster participation (so not guaranteed, reads more like an incentive), and another $5m in performance incentives.

Derek Carr gets to throw to the greatest WR in franchise history. Sort the D-Line out then sign/draft a couple of serviceable RB’s and we’ve got a real chance of doing something special this season. If we can have some reasonable injury luck, of course.

"Derek Carr gets to throw to the greatest WR in franchise history."= you mean the Saints resigned Colston????

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom