Michael Thomas signs new 1 year deal ($1.26M base salary, 10M total guaranteed, up to 5M in incentives, $14.2M cap hit in 2023) (1 Viewer)

I don't like this at all. Based on a large number of sideline body-language experts who all coincidentally post on SR, MT is NOT invested in the success of this team and has, in fact, totally checked out.

Just another disruptive piece added to a locker room that is apparently already in total disarray.

I know I said that at some point. His deal was structured in a way to be a good June 1 cut candidate, but it also was structured in a way to force our hand to get a deal done early in case we changed our mind (or never planned that in the first place).

I hear ya, I mean look the writing was on the wall that it was likely going to be a release situation. When the initial restructure happened, I suggested there could be a world where he takes a paycut and got strongly disagreed with. My receipts comment was more so toward the crowd who usually always have bad things to say about him for whatever reason.

Honestly, he got more in base than I would have expected. Given he has missed basically 2 years, I would have thought it would be easy to have a lower base with more incentives (still could get him to $15 million).

Even without AK or any of the weapons they are sure to bring in, that group will be lethal if they stay healthy. Pete is going to have so many toys to play with. Just think about the redzone possibilities! How do you cover all those guys?

They are going to fool around and have a legit weapon at every position.
Pete and Carr will devise a game plan. Carr will have 3-4 plays to call at the line. I'm good with that.

Huge win for the Saints here. A 1 year deal essentially guarantees that he'll put forth 110% effort to perform and will play hurt if he can get on the field.

And if he balls out, I have to imagine we'll re-sign him to a fair contract and he'll retire here.
Was about to post the same thing. If Thomas stays healthy all season and returns to form, he will probably earn a contract extension next season. I'm excited about having CGM back.

Honestly, he got more in base than I would have expected. Given he has missed basically 2 years, I would have thought it would be easy to have a lower base with more incentives (still could get him to $15 million).
Did they put part of the guaranteed in his base salary?

Now, this is what I call a....

Screen-Hunter-114.png

LOL, he'd get more on the open market.

Honestly, it's really just bad luck he was injured to the extent he was over the last two years after being an iron man previously. It's more likely than not his health issues revert back to the norm rather than being significantly injured again this coming season. He accepted a "prove it" deal, in fairness to how things have transpired recently, and I expect nothing less than him to go all out in an effort to show he's one of the leagues best again.

I don't like this at all. Based on a large number of sideline body-language experts who all coincidentally post on SR, MT is NOT invested in the success of this team and has, in fact, totally checked out.

Just another disruptive piece added to a locker room that is apparently already in total disarray.
Please tell me this is sarcasm ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom