Michael Thomas Twitter Exchange with Underhill (1 Viewer)

The tweet was later deleted by MT.
If that's a real tweet from MT, he doesn't sound like he's happy with how the Saints have handled player contracts. Maybe reading too much between the lines, but I'm trying to imagine what would make him say something like that.

Yeah, was about to say. If there's anyone that should be THRILLED with how the Saints handle contracts, it should be him.
Indeed.

I guess the only thing I can think of is maybe the Saints approached him about restructuring his contract, idk.

Indeed.

I guess the only thing I can think of is maybe the Saints approached him about restructuring his contract, idk.
That's probably what happened. He wants to keep that money because he probably plays healthy next year and taking a restructure would mean he would be giving up a lot to perform for pennies. Injuries and setbacks happen, but if MT is healthy and stays healthy, he deserves the money. It's just unfortunate with his injuries.

That's probably what happened. He wants to keep that money because he probably plays healthy next year and taking a restructure would mean he would be giving up a lot to perform for pennies. Injuries and setbacks happen, but if MT is healthy and stays healthy, he deserves the money. It's just unfortunate with his injuries.
He's made almost 50 million dollars playing 10 games in 3 seasons the least he can do is restructure.

He's made almost 50 million dollars playing 10 games in 3 seasons the least he can do is restructure.
But to whose benefit? Is he obligated to repay the team when he outperformed his rookie contract?

I’ll side with the player being paid 10/10 times, before i side with the team, because in the end, it’s their bodies that go through a half dozen car crashes a game.

Last edited:
But to whose benefit? Is he obligated to repay the team when he outperformed his rookie contract?

I’ll side with the player being paid 10/10 times, before in the end, it’s their bodies that go through a half dozen car crashed a game.

No I'm definitely not saying that. I also side with the players getting the maximum amount of money they can earn. He 100% earned his contract with the expectation that his performance would continue in the trajectory it was going. The reality is if he restructures he's still going to be making more than he would on the open market. So unless he just wants out of New Orleans restructuring is his best option financially and also helps the team put a contender on the field.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom