Michael Thomas Twitter Exchange with Underhill (1 Viewer)

Yall invest a lot of time into a player's contract, which doesnt matter a thing. Cause last I checked the Saints gon get screwed again from the SB. Just enjoy the entertainment on Sunday and leave these men's salary alone and stop pocket watching....buncha carpetbagger mentality in here....

If that's a real tweet from MT, he doesn't sound like he's happy with how the Saints have handled player contracts. Maybe reading too much between the lines, but I'm trying to imagine what would make him say something like that.
He's a jerk. He's gonna say jerk things.

None of this makes me sick, but for most of you not to realize how azz backwards this country is makes me really want to cry. WWI veterans (if any were alive today) and WWII veterans must really wonder what the hell happened to this great country of America that they fought so hard to protect.
We gotta fight...for the right... to PARTAYYYYYYY! This place attracts all sorts, huh. Good times.

A potentially big difference, in terms of the money they could get, is there should be a market for Carr that won't exist for Thomas. It might be that Thomas wants to move on but he's almost certainly going to play on a significantly reduced salary, wherever he is.
If the players refused to restructure, one would imagine we’d be in a heap of cow dung

This is giving me "He Hate Me" flashbacks. :ROFLMAO:

FYI - Do NOT google "Cans" on Uber Dictionary.

12dfb87f4f2cfed9780d364d292776ff.gif

If the players refused to restructure, one would imagine we’d be in a heap of cow dung

That's the beauty of it. Players don't refuse to restructure, because it just about always benefits them. In most cases, a "restructure" involves being paid an upfront bonus they were going to get paid anyway. It essentially guarantees portions of their salary.

Most restructures are considered “simple” restructures which is simply converting salary and or roster bonus into a signing bonus. The player still gets the same pay for that season so they don’ have to agree to it. It is only when the team adds years to the contract (even void years) do they have to sign it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom