Michael Thomas vs Top 10 Receivers 2014-2016 (1 Viewer)

rockthedox

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Yes, we've only seen one preseason game. I'm trying not to get too excited but obviously we're liking Michael Thomas. Seeing clips of him in camp and especially in the last game one thing really stands out: he looks comfortable. He's one of those guys that just makes it look effortless and there aren't many of those around. He's one of the few that looks to make an INSTANT impact.

I wanted to draft a receiver last year and was upset that we didn't get two in 2014. Even this year, I was in the camp that really wanted Doctson or Treadwell and I barely even noticed Thomas until we drafted him. So, I started looking at how those guys were doing and how other top 10 WR picks were doing.

Here's the list:

Corey Coleman (injured)
Will Fuller (1 reception, 4 yards)
Josh Doctson (injured)
Laquon Treadwell (4 receptions, 41 yards)
Sterling Shepard (1 reception, 24 yards)
Michael Thomas (4 receptions, 67 yards)
Tyler Boyd (2/3, 38 yards, touchdown)
Braxton Miller (4 receptions, 34 yards)
Leonte Carroo (3 receptions, 18 yards)
Chris Moore (injured)

I follow the draft pretty well, but I haven't even heard of some of these guys. It wasn't a very deep WR class. I saw Treadwell play last week and he looked ok. He was solid, but not spectacular. Yes, it's just one game...but Thomas was smooth.

For fun, here are the other two years..

Amari Cooper
Kevin White
DeVante Parker
Breshad Perriman
Jaelen Strong
Phillip Dorsett
DGB
Devin Smith
Nelson Agholor
Tyler Lockett

Of these, Amari Cooper is the only one that I remember getting off to a great start. He's a different type of receiver, but he also has the smooth, confidence I see in Thomas.

Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
OBJ
Brandin Cooks
Kelvin Benjamin
Marqise Lee
Jordan Matthews
Paul Richardson
Davante Adams
Cody Latimer
--Allen Robinson
Jarvis Landry
Donte Moncrief
John Brown
Martavis Bryant

Dang, that's a crazy group of receivers. From Allen Robinson on are notable receivers that weren't in the top 10 WR drafted. There is some amazing talent there and I'd put Thomas up against them. Honestly, he has impressed me more from the get-go than Cooks did and I love Cooks. Many wanted us to draft Landry but we wouldn't have drafted Thomas if we had both of them and I think Thomas has a higher ceiling. I definitely see the Hopkins comparison.

Ok, sorry for fangirling over Thomas. I'm excited to see how he looks tomorrow and if he's consistent. If so, he's going to be an amazing counterpart to Cooks and we're set on WR for years to come with our young group.

I heard people talking about Kevin White this week and how he's still got a ways to go. Or Nelson Algholor, Phillip Dorsett, DGB. I wanted all of these guys last year and they're struggling after having a full year in the league. I'm sure Thomas is going to have struggles but he's off to a good start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom