Michael Vick is all in on Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

No Doubt Taysom is real deal. Lol@ Greenbay they wasted a first round pick on new QB when they could have had Taysom.

Sean being the genuis he is recognized Taysoms raw talent and knew he could harness it. To find a new QB he just kept Taysom in a viable role and took a flier on Winston. Now Saints can spend their draft picks on getting talent at other positions.

If you really think about it, Taysom would’ve languished in Greenbay. I doubt McCarthy would’ve used him at all during those three years he was still coaching GB.
Also, we all know that Aaron was never going to take Taysom under his wing like Drew has. And that’s not an age thing either.

Nearly every backup QB that’s been DB’s understudy here in NOLA has remarked how open he is with his routine and sharing knowledge. Since Drew has been our QB1, he’s always been there for his fellow QB’s.

Now, I’m not saying that Drew didn’t keep somethings to himself, while he was still in his prime. I do believe he shared a massive amount to say this league is so fickle when it comes to starters remaining starters.

I am convinced that Taysom would’ve at best been offered scraps from Aaron in terms of learning how to become a franchise QB on and off the field. Plus, unless GB moves on from AR this coming season, Taysom would still be waiting for a legitimate shot to become “The Guy”.

I still think the comparisons to Young are a bit premature. He is absolutely a better runner than Steve and Young never left any bodies in his wake. But what was different was that you had to respect Young's arm so much that he often could pick up 7 to 10 yards and get out of bounds without even having to take a hit. I'm not saying T can't get there but we are a long way from seeing that much respect for his arm.

It’s early to draw any definition conclusions, no doubt, but I think the resemblance is there. We've all known Taysom could run and could throw some nice balls on occasion. What we just better learned is that he really understands how to operate the offense, and he doesn't take off scrambling at any given moment, as some feared might be the case. His arm actually looked really good, minus the "punt'. lol. Time will tell us more, but I get the comparison, as Young is probably the closet guy you could compare him to.

I still hope they would take the QB from BYU in next year's draft because you always need to develop a good young back-up in case of injury and for the future. Josh Wilson has a very strong arm and is a good runner as well with a similar style to Taysom but with a stronger arm.

I still think the comparisons to Young are a bit premature. He is absolutely a better runner than Steve and Young never left any bodies in his wake. But what was different was that you had to respect Young's arm so much that he often could pick up 7 to 10 yards and get out of bounds without even having to take a hit. I'm not saying T can't get there but we are a long way from seeing that much respect for his arm.
I think it’s worth at least a comparison, at least where they are in their careers.
Young was about the same age as Taysom when he started full time with the Niners, so if Payton is right, the Saints can have about seven to eight seasons with Hill as a starter.

Even Vick took offense at the end to being treated like a joke, and he was the only voice of reason there

The only guy that actually played QB (and of a similar style) and they treat his assessment of Taysom like a joke... 🤦‍♂️

The one guy (if I understood him right) said that Michael Vick would be similar to Taysom Hill, if Vick threw with his right hand (as opposed to his dominant left)... THEN he and Hill would be similar... WHAT?!?!

Hill threw for close to 80% completion percentage in his first start! They’re just being spiteful and haters

The only guy that actually played QB (and of a similar style) and they treat his assessment of Taysom like a joke... 🤦‍♂️

The one guy (if I understood him right) said that Michael Vick would be similar to Taysom Hill, if Vick threw with his right hand (as opposed to his dominant left)... THEN he and Hill would be similar... WHAT?!?!

Hill threw for close to 80% completion percentage in his first start! They’re just being spiteful and haters
That was Nick Wright. He won’t say anything until the Saints beat the Chiefs.

I just wish Hill was around 26 instead of 30. He got into the NFL so late that his career is already on the downhill before it even started. I firmly believe he could be somebody’s starting QB for 4-8 years tho

I just wish Hill was around 26 instead of 30. He got into the NFL so late that his career is already on the downhill before it even started. I firmly believe he could be somebody’s starting QB for 4-8 years tho
I think people are overstating his age. If the Saints had gotten Hill as a FA during the offseason, the headlines would be that the Saints are set up for the next seven or eight seasons. If he was 33 or 34, then I’d say it’s too late, but Young took over the Niners at the same age as Hill. That’s my barometer.
Here’s something that I think everyone is overlooking. He hasn’t taken the hits of regular NFL QB, so a regular NFL 30 isn’t the same as Hill at 30.

I think people are overstating his age. If the Saints had gotten Hill as a FA during the offseason, the headlines would be that the Saints are set up for the next seven or eight seasons. If he was 33 or 34, then I’d say it’s too late, but Young took over the Niners at the same age as Hill. That’s my barometer.
Here’s something that I think everyone is overlooking. He hasn’t taken the hits of regular NFL QB, so a regular NFL 30 isn’t the same as Hill at 30.
He hasn’t taken the hits (in the NFL) as a normal NFL QB. Don’t forget that he took an absolute beating at BYU and had season ending injuries every single year.

No Doubt Taysom is real deal. Lol@ Greenbay they wasted a first round pick on new QB when they could have had Taysom.

Taysom said himself that he “didn’t really understand what it took to be a NFL QB” until he got to New Orleans and with Drew Brees. CSP and Brees have a big part in the player that Taysom Hill is today.

If he would’ve “flashed” had the Packers kept him on their final roster back in 2017, Aaron Rodgers would have felt threatened and tried to get him gone anyways. There’s no way Rodgers would have helped Taysom along in any way, shape, or form similar to what Brees has done.

I think it’s worth at least a comparison, at least where they are in their careers.
Young was about the same age as Taysom when he started full time with the Niners, so if Payton is right, the Saints can have about seven to eight seasons with Hill as a starter.

yes, Im not trying to take away from Hills moment at all. I just think it may set an unfair bar. Young routinely shredded our defense ata time when we were either one or two in the league. In fact, he gave us more trouble than Montana did IMO. I just don’t want to hear the “well so much for that” when he has a bad game because he likely will. I just would like to see continued game management type game calls by Sean and let his confidence continue to grow. As long as he doesn’t do anything to take us out of a game, we know he is enough to win it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom