Michael Vick is all in on Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

Taysom said himself that he “didn’t really understand what it took to be a NFL QB” until he got to New Orleans and with Drew Brees. CSP and Brees have a big part in the player that Taysom Hill is today.

If he would’ve “flashed” had the Packers kept him on their final roster back in 2017, Aaron Rodgers would have felt threatened and tried to get him gone anyways. There’s no way Rodgers would have helped Taysom along in any way, shape, or form similar to what Brees has done.

Drews playing career is reaching its natural conclusion with him deciding when. Taysom came at the right time and into the right situation.

If you really think about it, Taysom would’ve languished in Greenbay. I doubt McCarthy would’ve used him at all during those three years he was still coaching GB.
Also, we all know that Aaron was never going to take Taysom under his wing like Drew has. And that’s not an age thing either.

Nearly every backup QB that’s been DB’s understudy here in NOLA has remarked how open he is with his routine and sharing knowledge. Since Drew has been our QB1, he’s always been there for his fellow QB’s.

Now, I’m not saying that Drew didn’t keep somethings to himself, while he was still in his prime. I do believe he shared a massive amount to say this league is so fickle when it comes to starters remaining starters.

I am convinced that Taysom would’ve at best been offered scraps from Aaron in terms of learning how to become a franchise QB on and off the field. Plus, unless GB moves on from AR this coming season, Taysom would still be waiting for a legitimate shot to become “The Guy”.
In fairness to all other QBs, most QBs have to worry about losing their job to a backup, whereas, there is ZERO chance DB9 gets benched until he says he’s ready to hang it up.

I think people are overstating his age. If the Saints had gotten Hill as a FA during the offseason, the headlines would be that the Saints are set up for the next seven or eight seasons. If he was 33 or 34, then I’d say it’s too late, but Young took over the Niners at the same age as Hill. That’s my barometer.
Here’s something that I think everyone is overlooking. He hasn’t taken the hits of regular NFL QB, so a regular NFL 30 isn’t the same as Hill at 30.
I agree. And even if we only get 6-8 years that’s plenty. That’s 6-8 years of being Super Bowl contender still... to me though I don’t see why he can’t play till he’s 40 like others are doing now barring any injury. Medicine and recovery is amazing these days plus qbs just don’t take a beating like they used to back in the day.

I was thinking more like Cam in Carolina. We’ve got the D and 2 good RBs. Run, run, run then hit big shots off play action.

Few Quotes

-" He's the Ultimate Dual Threat at QB "

-" He will be around in the NFL for a long time at the QB Postion ".

-" Sean Payton can now start looking forward to life after Drew Brees".

-" He knows a good QB when he see's one , Knows why SP compared him to Steve Young".

He seemed to want to give a more in depth analysis , but the cast of first things first wouldn't let him speak as they know so much more about being an Elite QB than he does so.
DOG GONE right. Sorry couldn’t resist.

I think people are overstating his age. If the Saints had gotten Hill as a FA during the offseason, the headlines would be that the Saints are set up for the next seven or eight seasons. If he was 33 or 34, then I’d say it’s too late, but Young took over the Niners at the same age as Hill. That’s my barometer.
Here’s something that I think everyone is overlooking. He hasn’t taken the hits of regular NFL QB, so a regular NFL 30 isn’t the same as Hill at 30.
That’s true of his time in the NFL, but he had a very long list of injuries (several were season-ending) in college.

That’s why his age still kinda concerns me when thinking long-term.

But even then, it’s not something I think we have to worry about right now.

Never thought I'd be a fan of anything Mike Vick, but hey, it's 2020!
I was a big fan of Vick while he was at VT. Then he got drafted by the Falcons and then he got caught running a dog fighting ring.
The dog abuse is worse but not by much

Man the disrespect in that video towards Taysom makes me want him to drop kick both feet in those dudes mouths.

I still think the comparisons to Young are a bit premature. He is absolutely a better runner than Steve and Young never left any bodies in his wake. But what was different was that you had to respect Young's arm so much that he often could pick up 7 to 10 yards and get out of bounds without even having to take a hit. I'm not saying T can't get there but we are a long way from seeing that much respect for his arm.

During Hill's playing days at BYU, Steve Young stated that Hill was a better version of himself. But Young also stated that Hill has to be able to do it from the pocket. Something that coincides with what you're saying about the difference between them. Nevertheless, if Young compared Hill to himself, then the current comparisons aren't premature in my book.

Had to do some digging for it, but I came across this video when the Saints first picked up Hill.

During Hill's playing days at BYU, Steve Young stated that Hill was a better version of himself. But Young also stated that Hill has to be able to do it from the pocket. Something that coincides with what you're saying about the difference between them. Nevertheless, if Young compared Hill to himself, then the current comparisons aren't premature in my book.

Had to do some digging for it, but I came across this video when the Saints first picked up Hill.

I certainly never saw that interview, thanks. Pretty good. Always liked Young once he wasn’t in a 9er uni anymore.

he said he was gonna change his style wen he would play QB, hes not trying to run over people every play, hes staying in the pocket, sliding side to side evading rush. he even told the WR's b4 the game keep working bc im gonna roll out etc and still be looking downfield

Or thrown the same amount of passes. 30+ passes over a 16 game season will take its toll.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom