Micheal Moore (1 Viewer)

You've got access to the SR.com archives. Go look up the threads yourself. :9:

Just because a subject or topic has been beat to death here many times over, given the controversial nature of topics relating to religion, politics, social issues, I think it is the nature of any message board to re-fight these battles. Furthermore, with sr.com's growth, there is the invariable migration of ssf folks discovering this board. They aren't going to immediately go to the sr.com archives and see what or what hasn't been discussed.

In other words, "this topic has been discussed before" isn't a reason to not revisit an issue.

Just because a subject or topic has been beat to death here many times over, given the controversial nature of topics relating to religion, politics, social issues, I think it is the nature of any message board to re-fight these battles. Furthermore, with sr.com's growth, there is the invariable migration of ssf folks discovering this board. They aren't going to immediately go to the sr.com archives and see what or what hasn't been discussed.

In other words, "this topic has been discussed before" isn't a reason to not revisit an issue.

Agreed!

Now, next time, we can arrange for you get to do the research and decide whether or not to merge with previous threads! :deal:

To be fair, and further support what you said, prior to starting the thread, I typed "Micheal Moore" in the search key on the header of every page. I got maybe 20-30 matches, and only a handful were of political nature. Of those, I did not see any thread that had numerous replies or views. Nothing past two or three pages. Concerning the true archives for Saints Report, every time I go to the link in the sticky, I cant log on to the old one or access anything but the page the link rerouts me to, and I became a member before this format, so I don't understand why it isn't recognizing me or letting me do anything at the old Saints Report website.

So in conclusion, while I have been visiting this site since 2004, I wasn't a registered member until 2006 becuase until then, all I had was a yahoo email and did not know any way around that. I really couldn't participate in threads until 2006 when I got registered, but to be fair I did my best to see what was discussed on the subject and didn't find much with the means available to search I think I have.

Agreed!

Now, next time, we can arrange for you get to do the research and decide whether or not to merge with previous threads! :deal:

Uh, unless your in the habit of merging threads which are more than a month old..

Physician heal thyself.

To be fair, and further support what you said, prior to starting the thread, I typed "Micheal Moore" in the search key on the header of every page. I got maybe 20-30 matches, and only a handful were of political nature.

Try the pre-Sept 2006 archives.

Really, I had to check to see if any of the mega threads below were in the current inventory or archived.

Since they're archived, it's probably time to start over, so I let the thread stand without merging.

Is everybody happy now? :hihi:

Moore Posts Mosaic Of War Dead..(113 Responses)
http://srarchives.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140425

Michael Moore to be on Bill O'Reilly tonight. (117 Responses)
http://srarchives.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124010

michael moore hates america (48 Responses)
http://srarchives.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121749

Michael Moore (aka Fatty Fat Fat Fat) to make Farenheit 9-11 sequel. (30 Responses)
http://srarchives.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141602

Last edited:
Try the pre-Sept 2006 archives.

Really, I had to check to see if any of the mega threads below were in the current inventory or archived.

Since they're archived, it's probably time to start over, so I let the thread stand without merging.

Is everybody happy now? :hihi:

Moore Posts Mosaic Of War Dead..(113 Responses)
http://srarchives.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140425

Michael Moore to be on Bill O'Reilly tonight. (117 Responses)
http://srarchives.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124010

michael moore hates america (48 Responses)
http://srarchives.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=121749

Michael Moore (aka Fatty Fat Fat Fat) to make Farenheit 9-11 sequel. (30 Responses)
http://srarchives.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141602

Yeah, we can let this thread run its natural course, just a fleeting, goofy thought on my part. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, unless your in the habit of merging threads which are more than a month old..

Physician heal thyself.

When you go through thousands and thousands of threads, it's difficult to recall which ones were posted yesterday and which ones were posted long ago.

Seems like only yesterday I was posting about my little girls...they're all grown now. :idunno:

Seems like only yesterday a burned out grad student was threatening to just say to hell with it, get drunk and drop out of his doctoral program. :scratch:

Cut me some slack, jack.

This is a very poor example. You can't simply say that because it works in Scandinavia, it would work here. Scandinavia is a densely populated area with a homogeneous population. They don't have the same laws regarding equal treatment that they do here either.

In the US, EVERYONE would have to have the same level of treatment under Scandinavia's brand of universal health coverage. That means that we'd have to fund full clinics in remote areas and underfund clinics where people actually need treatment. That simply ain't gonna fly.

What works better for the US population is a single payer system. Get rid of the medical insurance companies who are there to make a profit off of our health and dump us when we get too sick. Everybody gets their medical expenses covered, but nothing changes in regards to private medical practices.

That is my direct example of experience. I also lived in the U.K. and still have my national health service card.

It doesn't just work in Scandinavia. It works across Europe, Canada, Australia, New Zealand. Over 400 million people live under the system and almost every one of those countries outranks us in health statistics.

You can't tell me they are smarter or better or special. It's just down to willpower and resistance from the vested interests. If all those people in places so vastly different in culture from Spain and Italy to Holland and Denmark make it work then anything is possible.

We are just propagandized to death and face resistance from the people that profit from the system as it is currently run.

Last edited:
As a documentarian, Michael Moore relies on anecdotes and self-selected data, which convey a bias, not truth. It becomes propaganda.

As a propagandist, the first objective is to make the effort succeed as public policy. Think Leni Riefenstahl, the most renown filmmaker of the genre. None of Moore's movies have succeeded by that criterion. He fails by both measures; biased documentarian and ineffectual propagandist.

He is, however, rich beyond measure, particularly with overseas sales. He is feted by those too young to get on the Stalinist fellow traveler train- we all need to follow someone. The boy from Flint lives in a palatial townhome in Manhatten. Life is good, which I suppose is the point.

His television programs were his most excellent work. He is best with short poined humorous pieces. The movies are turgid and humorless, reaching their nadi with the interview of a Alzheimer's-affected Charleon Heston in "Bowling for Columbine".

Exactly. So if you happen to believe in the part that he is showing, you like him, if you believe in the part that he's ommitting, you hate him.

Thus, polarization.

To the health care stuff, I havn't really made up my mind on this, but, its not fair to use health statistics when comparing the US to other countries since health statistics would have MANY different variables, a lot of which would have more affect on the stats than health care.

To Dad's Dream, I don't know how to access the archives. When I go to the old site it shows my username and that I am logged in. However, when I click on anything, it tells me I am not logged in and asks me to. Anyway, I'll take your word that this subject has been beaten into submission and perhaps should not have used his name in the post. Blackadder has illustraded the points I was trying to make more effiecently than I have. I should have stayed in college and honed my writing skills like diluting whats in my head to what I really want to say.

Quote: "We are propagandized to death and face resistance from the people that profit from the system as it is currently run." My point is this is what blurs the truth, and makes argue over a guy like Moore instead of the issue at hand.

To Dad's Dream, I don't know how to access the archives. When I go to the old site it shows my username and that I am logged in. However, when I click on anything, it tells me I am not logged in and asks me to.

During some of the various site upgrades, full access to the Archives has come and gone a couple of times. It may say you're logged in, but you might not be.

If you really want to look some stuff up, try going to the very front page and entering your username and old password, then navigate where you want to go. If you need special assistance with it, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Anyway, I'll take your word that this subject has been beaten into submission and perhaps should not have used his name in the post. Blackadder has illustraded the points I was trying to make more effiecently than I have. I should have stayed in college and honed my writing skills like diluting whats in my head to what I really want to say.

Quote: "We are propagandized to death and face resistance from the people that profit from the system as it is currently run." My point is this is what blurs the truth, and makes argue over a guy like Moore instead of the issue at hand.

Some of the most interesting classes that I took were those about propaganda, particularly those dealing with subliminal suggestion. I mean, how many times can you hide the word SEX in an ice cube in a vodka ad? A lot! :hihi:

During some of the various site upgrades, full access to the Archives has come and gone a couple of times. It may say you're logged in, but you might not be.

If you really want to look some stuff up, try going to the very front page and entering your username and old password, then navigate where you want to go. If you need special assistance with it, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

Some of the most interesting classes that I took were those about propaganda, particularly those dealing with subliminal suggestion. I mean, how many times can you hide the word SEX in an ice cube in a vodka ad? A lot! :hihi:

By the way, thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom