Micheal VIck is the Falcons version of??? (1 Viewer)

Reggie's got a better chance of living up to his hype than Vick does.

The difference between making a smart point and sounding like a complete idiot is doing just a little research.
And reading.

People can knock Brooks all they want to, but unlike Vick he can actually make his reads and see a defense.

oh. my. goodness. i'm sorry but...this was a joke right? please tell me you were just pulling our legs here. did i just not happen to see the "/sarcasm" thingy? :interrogations:

Vick does not know how to put touch on the ball everything he throws is a rocket... and that is why the falcons have so many dropped passes... If he learns how and when to put touch on his passes i think he will be way better than brooks could even think about

If he learns how and when to put touch on his passes i think he will be way better than brooks could even think about
Thank God I think he thinks he's past learning at this point. He's too used to everyone lining up to lick his .... toes.

Exactly what I was going to say. People can knock Brooks all they want to, but unlike Vick he can actually make his reads and see a defense. Trying to execute a pathetic offense is what has hurt Brooks the most. Leadership? You try selling a bucket of hog swill to your teammates. It wont fly. Vick looks completely lost most of the time, and really only excells in the passing game when his mobility forces defenses to lose coverage. If I were Atlanta I would take Brooks and a decent OC over what they have at QB and OC now.

HA! Brooks making reads? Did you suddenly find humor? They have all the athletic talent in the world, but if you put both of thier heads together, they MIGHT have the I.Q. of a carrot...

Lemme guess, Brooks can "own them with his eyes".

HA! Brooks making reads? Did you suddenly find humor? They have all the athletic talent in the world, but if you put both of thier heads together, they MIGHT have the I.Q. of a carrot...

Lemme guess, Brooks can "own them with his eyes".

IQ or intelligence has nothing to do with it. The two guys just can't read an NFL defense. Neither can any of us. Doesn't make us dumb.

Vick has 2 more years in the this league before his legs finally give out. He'll be hurt again before this year is over.

And reading.

Huh? We're just discussing Vick and Bush...I'm not sure where you're coming from here. I don't know what I said to irk you, but let it go and grow some thicker skin.

Last edited:
They may have inconsistency in common, but I it's not the best comparison when you compare a pocket passer to a running QB. Atlanta can win games with Vick having horrible passer ratings. Because Vick can rush for big yards, throwing 2 or 3 int's and no TD's doesn't matter as long as he runs for over 100 yards and 2 TD's. He won 5 games last season with less than a 60 passer rating. Falcons won one when he had a 16.3 rating.

McNabb and Vick are about as close in style as any QB's. AB not a rushing QB even though he could run if he wanted to.

They may have inconsistency in common, but I it's not the best comparison when you compare a pocket passer to a running QB. Atlanta can win games with Vick having horrible passer ratings. Because Vick can rush for big yards, throwing 2 or 3 int's and no TD's doesn't matter as long as he runs for over 100 yards and 2 TD's. He won 5 games last season with less than a 60 passer rating. Falcons won one when he had a 16.3 rating.

McNabb and Vick are about as close in style as any QB's. AB not a rushing QB even though he could run if he wanted to.

I agree totally with your first paragraph, but totally disagree with the McNabb/Vick statement. McNabb is a pocket passer. Granted, he's probably got more athleticism than any other starting QB in the NFL right now (except Vick of course), but McNabb has clearly shifted his style over the last 2-3 years from being a balanced run/pass combo-QB, to now being every bit as much of a pocket passer as Drew Brees or Peyton Manning. Here and there, McNabb will tuck it and run, but he seems to favor dumping off to a check-down receiver now. During the Saints-Eagles game, guess how many times McNabb scrambled? Zero. The scrambling QB is a dying breed. You must be able to read defenses, go through your progressions, and throw accurately in today's NFL (and McNabb is one of the best in the business). The contrast between McNabb and Vick is very distinct, although I would agree that McNabb is ABLE to play a similar style as Vick, however, unlike Vick, he doesn't have to and chooses not to.

Last edited:
And reading.

WOW! I dunno what your problem is, but you and Postman were basically in agreement. Perhaps you should take your own advice and actually comprehend what you're responding to.

As for this debate, I agree with it. Before the season I said this Falcons team reminded me of the '02 Saints team with it's infighting and mass personnel changes. They just seemed like a team that was out of control. Mora's a victim of his early success just like Haslett was.

I dunno what your problem is
I didn't respond back, it was forgotten about, had nothing to do with you, so why flame me and bring it back up? Not much of a thread stopper there, kc2000, perhaps you shouldn't give unneeded advice.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom