Michigan GOP: Kid Rock 'would be awesome' as a Senate candidate

Domefan504

SR is my life!
Reaction score
Michigan GOP: Kid Rock 'would be awesome' as a Senate candidate | Fox News

According to RollCall.com, the "All Summer Long" singer is being eyed to run on the GOP ticket in his home state of Michigan. A rep for the Michigan Republican Party told us that as far as she knows, no one has reached out to Rock, but she thinks it would be a great idea if someone did.

"I have not talked to Kid Rock about that," Michigan GOP press officer Sarah Anderson told Fox News. "I think he would be awesome. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a movement for him to run, but to my knowledge he has not been asked."

A rep for the rocker did not return Fox News' request for comment.

The Michigan native was reportedly named as a possible contender for Democrat Senator Debbie Stabenow's seat next year.

I thought this was a joke at first. I see the GOP has not learned a lesson. As for Kid Rock he needs to stick to his day job.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
Doesn't he live in Nashville and Alabama? Or is residency not an issue anymore?

PayOrPlay

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like an outtake from Idiocracy.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Hell, once he does a term as Senator he can run for President. I bet most here would like President Rock more than they do President Trump.

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And Republicans wonder why no one takes their party seriously...

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And Republicans wonder why no one takes their party seriously...

Yes, because everyone took a Trump candidacy seriously from day one.

Dear Democrats, stop being dismissive, that's one reason Hillary had her *** handed to her.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And this is a big reason why I have no problems admitting that I want the Trump presidency to go down in flames and I'm happy that this has been such a tumultuous first month; we cannot make this (electing Presidents and high level officials with no political experience whatsoever and only fame) a normal part of our election process. We're making a mockery out of our country.

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score

Dear Democrats, stop being dismissive, that's one reason Hillary had her *** handed to her.

thats not the point in the least.

The mockery of our elected official system is degrading at a rapid pace.

Watch his press conference with Netanyahu.

Asked a question on Anti-semitism. Went on a 3 min rant about how he won the Presidency (explaining the electoral college system ) and fake media.

THEN in closing ( as a " oh yeah ...ur question" moment ) explained how is daughter, son in law and 3 kids are jewish ( See i know jews ).
Ending in this beautiful summary :

"I think a lot of good things are happening and you're going to see a lot of love. You're going to see a lot of love. Okay"

Thats your idea of a President? Bar is set THAT LOW????

cmon now.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score

That was definitely one of the reasons.

Russia was another one of the reasons.

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
thats not the point in the least.

The mockery of our elected official system is degrading at a rapid pace.

Watch his press conference with Netanyahu.

Asked a question on Anti-semitism. Went on a 3 min rant about how he won the Presidency (explaining the electoral college system ) and fake media.

THEN in closing ( as a " oh yeah ...ur question" moment ) explained how is daughter, son in law and 3 kids are jewish ( See i know jews ).
Ending in this beautiful summary :

"I think a lot of good things are happening and you're going to see a lot of love. You're going to see a lot of love. Okay"

Thats your idea of a President? Bar is set THAT LOW????

cmon now.

Actually Brother, my point wasn't around his actual presidency but his election. Never be dismissive of your opponent. Never be complacent. Never ignore the discontent of people that would otherwise vote for you. Hillary's team did these things and it caused them to lose.

The attitudes directed towards a supposed Kid Rock candidacy are very similar to those directed at the Trump camdidacy. It blew up in the Democrats face.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

I don't think being dismissive had anything real to do with it outside of fantasy land after the fact. I think believing everyone else would go vote for you and wanting to tell people "I didn't vote for her" later when you had a candidate that wasn't liked with the FBI making weird announcements a week before the election (upping that "I knew she'd get in trouble but I hated Trump so sat home" factor). I think for a while people were bothered with how close it was. They knew he was a threat, but thought the neighbors had it covered.

The real problem is the opposite, people that recognized how clear it was that this is what we'd get with Trump gave too much credit to the opposition and thought "They won't go through with this ****. They won't actually light that kind of fuse clearly knowing what it's connected to." Not seeing them as that stupid affected the outcome more IMO.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom