Michigan-Osu game thread (1 Viewer)

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This weekend allows us to watch a game that has at least a dozen players mentioned as draft targets. I would love to get J Peppers of UM, however I think he will be gone by 10. I've been trying to pay attention to OSU since Payton and Meyer are friends.

Pat Elfien is someone else I think we could look at in round 2. I'm just really interested in seeing what players would fit here and also improve a weakness.

flawda saint

Veteran
Reaction score
Seriously an harbaugh team has a thread and it's not saints related? And it's not even.the nfl.harbaugh lol

Kenosha26

Veteran
Reaction score
Go Blue! Buckeyes going down like a power window...

Peppers is the real deal and could be the elite play-maker we so desperately need on Defense. Similar style player as Vaccaro, but has way better quickness and agility, plus he doesn't take amphetamine salts (Adderall) ;)

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Pat Elfien is someone else I think we could look at in round 2. I'm just really interested in seeing what players would fit here and also improve a weakness.
I think Elfein is going to be a great player in the NFL - but at center, not at guard. Too short, doesn't have the arm length.

OP

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I think Elfein is going to be a great player in the NFL - but at center, not at guard. Too short, doesn't have the arm length.
Do we have him Jack Allen now?

You

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Peppers has been good for a long time and would be a great pickup for us.

I look forward to watching the game too

OP

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Are you asking if we still have Jack Allen? Yeah, he's on the practice squad.
I was asking if Jack Allen was a similar player and that we should pass on Elfien.

AshleyShaffer

Very Banned
Reaction score
Go Blue! Buckeyes going down like a power window...

Peppers is the real deal and could be the elite play-maker we so desperately need on Defense. Similar style player as Vaccaro, but has way better quickness and agility, plus he doesn't take amphetamine salts (Adderall) ;)
I don't understand the hype around Peppers. How can he be considered an elite playmaker when he do any have a single INT in his college career? I don't believe he has any forced fumbles or fumble recoveries either.

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I was asking if Jack Allen was a similar player and that we should pass on Elfien.
Ah, I see. Yeah, I'd pass on Elfein. He's a great talent, but not what we need. We're already stacked at center between Unger and Allen.

We have 6 picks in this draft. Use the draft picks to get the expensive positions, the one's the will cost too much in free agency. A three down WLB, a pass rusher at weakside DE, and a CB. I would include RT, if there was one in this draft I was sold on.

Fill need positions (like guard) in free agency. Then use the rest of the picks on best available.

Kenosha26

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't understand the hype around Peppers. How can he be considered an elite playmaker when he do any have a single INT in his college career? I don't believe he has any forced fumbles or fumble recoveries either.
I agree it is odd he doesn't have an INT... but sometimes that is an indicator of a good defender. Meaning the QB doesn't throw his way or attempt to throw his way. I wish I could back it with numbers for you but those are harder to find with college. His first year he was hurt on a dirty low block by App St so only played 3 games. This year he plays LB, so there aren't many opportunities for him to INT passes. He is a great tackler and has tremendous game speed.. he looks faster than everyone on the field. I am surprised about the fumbles as well, but he did have 10 passes defensed (#7 in BigTen) when he played safety last year and has 13 TFLs (#3 in BigTen) so far this year. I may be bias because I am a Michigan fan, but I think he could be something special in the NFL.

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
So this is the new "Game of the Century".

Every year there is a "Game of the Century" which makes me think that either marketing people are getting lazy, or we just need to retire the phrase because it has lost all its meaning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom