Michigan-Osu game thread (1 Viewer)

Whilst it's always fun to see Harbaugh lose, I really really don't like Ohio State. That's only been compounded since Meyer the liar has been there.

I think Michigan got hosed on that spot, whilst that didn't decide the game they certainly got a life line they shouldn't have had. Hearing the commentators sound so gleeful about it only annoys me more.

It did decide the game. If he was short, Michigan wins the game. Of course it decided the game.

To be fair, if the game was in Ann Arbor, Michigan gets that call too.

Likely. Can't argue with that. It was close enough to go either way. I thought the refs let too much go in terms of PI. But they didn't call too much either way, so can't complain too much.

Regardless, it was a good game.

It did decide the game. If he was short, Michigan wins the game. Of course it decided the game.

I say it didn't because they were still 15 yards from the endzone. Your defense can still hold them to an FG attempt which as we all know aren't gimmes from any range in CFB.

It decided the game in so much as it should've been over but once it wasn't your defense needs to play football, instead they felt sorry for themselves (kind of sounds like Harbaugh actually) and let the guy walk into the endzone.

That play reminds me of an LSU game from a few years back where LSU was playing Florida or Bama (away) and Patrick Peterson had an Int overturned because the refs didn't want to make that call in a hostile environment.

I say it didn't because they were still 15 yards from the endzone. Your defense can still hold them to an FG attempt which as we all know aren't gimmes from any range in CFB.

It decided the game in so much as it should've been over but once it wasn't your defense needs to play football, instead they felt sorry for themselves (kind of sounds like Harbaugh actually) and let the guy walk into the endzone.

Nevermind what I said. I thought it was 4th down.

You're correct Dave it was 4th down, had they not gotten the spot they'd have lost. That they got the spot needed though meant they had 15 to go to the end zone which is why I say it didn't technically decide the game. With the reaction of Michigan's D though it basically did, those kids didn't play the next play very well at all.

It's like that 4th down PI against the Raiders the Saint were called for where the ball was uncatchable right before they scored and went for the 2 pt conversion. It didn't lose the game technically but it deflated us to the point that for all intents and purposes it was a deciding factor. Though I'd say that one was a bit more egregious because at least with this one I can see the argument that it's a call you get a home in CFB, and it was margins of inches as opposed to a ball being 5 ft over a receivers head and out of bounds.

On that last 3rd down play, if #96 just maintains his CONTAIN at the 30 yd line (los was the 24), they would have tackled the runner for a 5 yd loss. (Thus making it 4th and 14).

But, no, he has to play Hero Ball and try to cut the runner off (nevermind that he had THREE TEAMMATES over there to coral the runner.)

He gave up contain, the runner reverses field and it turns into 4th down and a short 1 yd.

So much for trusting your TEAMmates to do THEIR job...

I thought it was a good call.

And I dislike both teams equally.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom