Michigan-Osu game thread (1 Viewer)

baarbogast

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This weekend allows us to watch a game that has at least a dozen players mentioned as draft targets. I would love to get J Peppers of UM, however I think he will be gone by 10. I've been trying to pay attention to OSU since Payton and Meyer are friends.

Pat Elfien is someone else I think we could look at in round 2. I'm just really interested in seeing what players would fit here and also improve a weakness.

Seriously an harbaugh team has a thread and it's not saints related? And it's not even.the nfl.harbaugh lol

Go Blue! Buckeyes going down like a power window...

Peppers is the real deal and could be the elite play-maker we so desperately need on Defense. Similar style player as Vaccaro, but has way better quickness and agility, plus he doesn't take amphetamine salts (Adderall) ;)

Pat Elfien is someone else I think we could look at in round 2. I'm just really interested in seeing what players would fit here and also improve a weakness.

I think Elfein is going to be a great player in the NFL - but at center, not at guard. Too short, doesn't have the arm length.

I think Elfein is going to be a great player in the NFL - but at center, not at guard. Too short, doesn't have the arm length.

Do we have him Jack Allen now?

Peppers has been good for a long time and would be a great pickup for us.

I look forward to watching the game too

Are you asking if we still have Jack Allen? Yeah, he's on the practice squad.

I was asking if Jack Allen was a similar player and that we should pass on Elfien.

Go Blue! Buckeyes going down like a power window...

Peppers is the real deal and could be the elite play-maker we so desperately need on Defense. Similar style player as Vaccaro, but has way better quickness and agility, plus he doesn't take amphetamine salts (Adderall) ;)

I don't understand the hype around Peppers. How can he be considered an elite playmaker when he do any have a single INT in his college career? I don't believe he has any forced fumbles or fumble recoveries either.

I was asking if Jack Allen was a similar player and that we should pass on Elfien.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I'd pass on Elfein. He's a great talent, but not what we need. We're already stacked at center between Unger and Allen.

We have 6 picks in this draft. Use the draft picks to get the expensive positions, the one's the will cost too much in free agency. A three down WLB, a pass rusher at weakside DE, and a CB. I would include RT, if there was one in this draft I was sold on.

Fill need positions (like guard) in free agency. Then use the rest of the picks on best available.

I don't understand the hype around Peppers. How can he be considered an elite playmaker when he do any have a single INT in his college career? I don't believe he has any forced fumbles or fumble recoveries either.

I agree it is odd he doesn't have an INT... but sometimes that is an indicator of a good defender. Meaning the QB doesn't throw his way or attempt to throw his way. I wish I could back it with numbers for you but those are harder to find with college. His first year he was hurt on a dirty low block by App St so only played 3 games. This year he plays LB, so there aren't many opportunities for him to INT passes. He is a great tackler and has tremendous game speed.. he looks faster than everyone on the field. I am surprised about the fumbles as well, but he did have 10 passes defensed (#7 in BigTen) when he played safety last year and has 13 TFLs (#3 in BigTen) so far this year. I may be bias because I am a Michigan fan, but I think he could be something special in the NFL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom