Michigan-Osu game thread (1 Viewer)

So this is the new "Game of the Century".

Every year there is a "Game of the Century" which makes me think that either marketing people are getting lazy, or we just need to retire the phrase because it has lost all its meaning.

So this is the new "Game of the Century".

Every year there is a "Game of the Century" which makes me think that either marketing people are getting lazy, or we just need to retire the phrase because it has lost all its meaning.

Indeed. It's use has gotten silly. There really are a lot of ways they can market the game without being cheesy.

I took Michigan +5.

Y'all better not suck it up today.

I'm not saying that your rivalry is worthless, its just not as valuable a ticket as you think.

Forbes Welcome

While Alabama sits comfortably at #1, a matchup reminiscent of the “Game of the Century” in 2006, in which #1 ranked Ohio State defeated #2 Michigan, will be played today with the same national title implications. Ohio State and Michigan, #2 and #3 in the playoff rankings respectively, will play each other in the regular season finale for a probable spot in the College Football Playoff. If Michigan wins, they will clinch a spot to the Big Ten championship game. If Ohio State wins, they will also need a Michigan State upset over #7 Penn State, who has a solid chance to make it to the playoff, to clinch a spot.

And while rivalry games will be played across the country this weekend, the playoff consequences of this Big Ten clash boost the price of admission as the most expensive ticket of the season - just as it was in the beginning of September. According to ticket reseller Vivid Seats, the median price of what is known in college football as “The Game” is $691, rising by 28% compared to the original price of $539. The get-in price has also increased by $30.

As the season goes on, hopes of making it to the playoff fade

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom