Michigan School District Portrays Homeschoolers as "Terrorists" (3 Viewers)

Reaction score
On Monday, September 20, the Muskegon Chronicle in Michigan reported on a "mock attack" on public school bus to test terrorism response.

According to the paper, the exercise was a simulated "attack by a fictitious radical group called Wackos Against Schools and Education who believe everyone should be homeschooled."

Certainly, disaster preparedness is important----but the "terrorists" are portrayed as homeschoolers who think everyone should have to home school!

We immediately called the Muskegan Chronicle and explained how this is offensive to millions of people who have chosen to exercise their right to home school. Home schoolers never have committed violent acts against the public school or any terrorist acts. It has not been homeschooled children who have walked in public schools shooting eve...

http://www.home-school.com/news/terrorists.html

School safety drill upsets some parents

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WYOMING, Mich. -- A school safety drill that included police officers in riot gear with weapons has caused concern among some parents who say it was too realistic and frightened some students.

Police in the western Michigan community of Wyoming entered two classrooms at Lee Middle and High School on Thursday and announced there was a threat to the school, The Grand Rapids Press reported.

Students, who were unaware police were conducting a drill, were taken from the classroom into the halls, patted down by officers and asked what they had in their pockets, the newspaper said.

"Some of these kids were so scared, they just about wet their pants," said Marge Bradshaw, a parent with four children in Godfrey-Lee Schools. "I think it's pure wrong that the students and parents were not informed of this."

Officers wore protective gear, including vests and helmets, and carried rifles that were unloaded and marked with colored tape to indicate they were not live weapons, the newspaper said.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1110AP_School_Drill.html

I think this, for the sake of America, necessitates a pre-emptive strike...ATF agents should be mobilized to raid home-school installations throughout Michigan to prevent this sort of thing from happening.

I wonder if Timothy McVeigh was home-schooled?

Overall, I think it's kind of funny that a school district would take a pot-shot at home-schoolers like that. . . when I was in school, no one in charge of anything had any kind of sense of humor - inappropriate or otherwise.

Funny that their attempt to be pc, in other words making the mock terrorists be ANYTHING but muslim, backfired on them and they are getting called out for not being pc. They should have known you cant single out any one group period. Maybe they should have called it "Faceless, ageless, genderless, multi-ethnic human beings who are not all bad but are given a bad reputation by the very small percentage of their members who sometimes wake up on the wrong side of the bed and are a little bit cranky."

Scratch that, there is one group they could make fun of but they would have to walk such a thin line and narrow it down so far that it wouldnt be worth it. I'll give it a try: white, male, American (but had to be born here, with at LEAST parents and grandparents who were also born here), straight, not old (but not young enough to be considered a child under any circumstance), no physical or mental disabilities what so ever (but if they are fat its ok), average height, average income, and for bonus points make them be from the South. Be aware though, list is subject to change as more things become un-pc.

If you cant tell, Im sick of pc gone wild. As for the home schooling, people need to let their kids have a normal childhood at a real school with other kids. JMO

Funny that their attempt to be pc, in other words making the mock terrorists be ANYTHING but muslim, backfired on them and they are getting called out for not being pc. They should have known you cant single out any one group period. Maybe they should have called it "Faceless, ageless, genderless, multi-ethnic human beings who are not all bad but are given a bad reputation by the very small percentage of their members who sometimes wake up on the wrong side of the bed and are a little bit cranky."

Scratch that, there is one group they could make fun of but they would have to walk such a thin line and narrow it down so far that it wouldnt be worth it. I'll give it a try: white, male, American (but had to be born here, with at LEAST parents and grandparents who were also born here), straight, not old (but not young enough to be considered a child under any circumstance), no physical or mental disabilities what so ever (but if they are fat its ok), average height, average income, and for bonus points make them be from the South. Be aware though, list is subject to change as more things become un-pc.

If you cant tell, Im sick of pc gone wild. As for the home schooling, people need to let their kids have a normal childhood at a real school with other kids. JMO

You should make that your sig. classic!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom