Mickey Loomis as surprised as anyone that the Saints re-signed so many free agents (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1585425577799.png

By John Sigler | Saints Wire

New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis spoke with John DeShazier of NewOrleansSaints.com on Friday, reviewing the opening weeks of free agency and surveying the status of the team while discussing the roster moves they have made already.

While the Saints have added a few notable veterans from other teams (including wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders, safety Malcolm Jenkins, and fullback Michael Burton), they devoted most of their resources to keeping their own players after the open market wasn’t as welcoming as expected. That was an opportunity Loomis admitted he didn’t see coming.

“I would say going into this, I don’t know that I expected to be able to get David and Andrus re-signed. So I’m really happy that that happened,” Loomis said, referring to defensive tackle David Onyemata and two-time Pro Bowl left guard Andrus Peat. Onyemata inked a three-year contract extension with the Saints, while Peat’s five-year deal is structured so that the Saints can terminate it after three seasons with little financial penalty.

Full Story - Saints Wire - USA Today

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom