Mickey Loomis Discusses Coaching Changes, Free Agency and the NFL Draft (2 Viewers)

Deep draft = Trade down?

Trading down just doesn't seem to be our thing. I can't ever remember trading back. He mentioned finding folks to fit our new scheme so you'd think the goal would be to go into draft and get as many picks as possible. Perhaps trading back in one of the later rounds and get an extra pick or two. Not opposed to trading back in the first either, just depends on who is there.

Trading down just doesn't seem to be our thing. I can't ever remember trading back. He mentioned finding folks to fit our new scheme so you'd think the goal would be to go into draft and get as many picks as possible. Perhaps trading back in one of the later rounds and get an extra pick or two. Not opposed to trading back in the first either, just depends on who is there.

We traded down in 2007 when we selected Usama Young.

To my knowledge, that was the only time under Loomis/Payton we've traded down.

We traded down in 2007 when we selected Usama Young.

To my knowledge, that was the only time under Loomis/Payton we've traded down.

In Payton's first draft, didn't we move down for Harper and/or deal with the Eagles for a big nose guard?

Edit: Hollis Thomas

I think the moving down in the 2nd round which resulted in Harper was part of the Jeff Faine trade, i.e. we switched second round picks with the Browns for Faine.

We'd had a number of players-for-picks trades, but that's not the same thing as "moving down". We also traded Stallworth, Bush, Jammal Brown, etc

I think the moving down in the 2nd round which resulted in Harper was part of the Jeff Faine trade, i.e. we switched second round picks with the Browns for Faine.

We'd had a number of players-for-picks trades, but that's not the same thing as "moving down". We also traded Stallworth, Bush, Jammal Brown, etc

Thanks. Memory was foggy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom