Mickey Loomis knows what he doing(Loomis appreciation thread) (1 Viewer)

Players will be released, and new guys will hit the market. We go after guys that fit our teams makeup. We seem to never go after the "brand name" guys. I think its a very slick style of managing the team. Loomis is great and over the years, I've learned to never doubt his decisions. Every GM has hits and misses, and Loomis hits more than he misses.

Loomis sucks!!! He should have seen the bounty coming and view it as the perfect opportunity to clean house. Fire every coach we have and start new. Give drew another 5yr/$60million contract. If he wanted more, he can go sign with the 49ers. We would have sucked last year anyway but at least this way, we'd have a ton of cap space to re-sign Bushrod, sign Goldson, and trade for Revis. Sounds about right to the panickers?

without Mickey:
2 Division Championships
5 Playoff Appearances

With Mickey:
1 Superbowl Championship
1 Conference Championship
3 Division Championships
4 Playoff Appearances

Pre Mickey (~35 years):
2 Division Championships
5 Playoff Appearances

W/ Mickey (~10 years):
1 Superbowl Championship
1 Conference Championship
3 Division Championships
4 Playoff Appearances

Folks like me who grew up as a fan in the late 80's and 90's and look at this and easily thank the good Lord for Loomis.

Loomis sucks!!! He should have seen the bounty coming and view it as the perfect opportunity to clean house. Fire every coach we have and start new. Give drew another 5yr/$60million contract. If he wanted more, he can go sign with the 49ers. We would have sucked last year anyway but at least this way, we'd have a ton of cap space to re-sign Bushrod, sign Goldson, and trade for Revis. Sounds about right to the panickers?

Um...NO.

not to mention that since 2009, when we have a full house (Loomis, Payton, Reiprish, Vitt...) we have had the best cumulative record in the NFL. We are only 1 year beyond that and we did not have the full house last year. This is that same core of guys that went 37 - 11 over a three year stretch. So who else would you trust :idunno:

Only have so little money because Loomis didn't make it happen.

I love Loomis and my opinion on him wont change but we made a mistake not releasing Will Smith.

Agreed.
First off, I LOVE Loomis. However, it did take him forever and a day, to get Drew a deal (when it takes the Ravens less than a month to get Flacco a rich contract). The ENTIRE world scratched their heads when Drew held out. Also, Loomis has the tendency to overpay players I.E. Harper.

This thread reminds me of what Buddy D use to say about the squirrels out there. Some of them are on this forum.

Agreed.
First off, I LOVE Loomis. However, it did take him forever and a day, to get Drew a deal (when it takes the Ravens less than a month to get Flacco a rich contract). The ENTIRE world scratched their heads when Drew held out. Also, Loomis has the tendency to overpay players I.E. Harper.

They(Ravens) paid Flacco quick and cut half the defense. Could come back to haunt them.

also please read BobE's stat post.

Thank you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom