Mickey Loomis on WWL (1 Viewer)

Listening to this, he says he will not reach at the 10 spot but will take the surest thing there. That sounds like it will be Rivers most likely and DRC less likely. From that I have seen and read, Rivers should be a solid player but not an HOF type guy. DRC has a lot of upside but could be a disappointment. Much as I want DRC, it looks like they would take Rivers there instead. That is assuming Leodis will be gone by 10. Most of the recent mocks I see have Leodis going to the Pats.

THANKS

1 point that stood out to me was Loomis saying that because Will Smith is under contract this season, he isn't worried at all about a new deal right now.

It's looking more and more like we're going O-line IMO.

You get that from the part where Loomis talks about selecting Deuce when Ricky was on the roster, and taking Will Smith when Howard/Johnson/Grant were on the roster?

Dude, it's gonna be a running back, isn't it? :covri:

Listening to this, he says he will not reach at the 10 spot but will take the surest thing there. That sounds like it will be Rivers most likely and DRC less likely. From that I have seen and read, Rivers should be a solid player but not an HOF type guy. DRC has a lot of upside but could be a disappointment. Much as I want DRC, it looks like they would take Rivers there instead. That is assuming Leodis will be gone by 10. Most of the recent mocks I see have Leodis going to the Pats.

people are talking about players as if they are total crap? " i beleieve he will be a good player but not HOF. how many HOF players come out a year? i mean really? if he puts up 70-100 tackles a year that is light years better than what we got

You get that from the part where Loomis talks about selecting Deuce when Ricky was on the roster, and taking Will Smith when Howard/Johnson/Grant were on the roster?

Dude, it's gonna be a running back, isn't it? :covri:

So how does last year's number one pick fit into this logic? **grin**

seriously I think that most people on this board could almost make the picks for the first two rounds. Where our FO shines is the 2nd day.

PS: My contribution to conspiracy Theory is The Glenn signing means we are going CB. He's here to fast track the new guy.

Last edited:
It's looking more and more like we're going O-line IMO.

Payton has repeatedly said you have to draft tackles because they don't hit the market and even if they do they're going to cost you mega bucks. With Stinchcomb only having a year left on his deal, it would not surprise or disappoint me if we're sitting at 10 (not trading up for Dorsey/Ellis)

With the tenth pick in the 2008 NFL draft, The New Orleans Saints select offensive tackle, Ryan Clady, Boise St.

Payton has repeatedly said you have to draft tackles because they don't hit the market and even if they do they're going to cost you mega bucks. With Stinchcomb only having a year left on his deal, it would not surprise or disappoint me if we're sitting at 10 (not trading up for Dorsey/Ellis)

But when talking about the possibilities of moving Brown to left tackle during his first year Payton said that you don't draft a player that early to play right tackle.

So, who knows? As I have said, I wouldn't be mad if they take Albert. I think Strief is ready to challenge for the right tackle. I think Otah would be better for us (he is a mauler) than Clady (more of a quick guy) but frankly, I don't think we need a tackle.

Can't say I'd be upset with an offensive line player, it was obviously a problem early last year and caused our 0-4 start..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom