Mickey Loomis on WWL (1 Viewer)

people are talking about players as if they are total crap? " i beleieve he will be a good player but not HOF. how many HOF players come out a year? i mean really? if he puts up 70-100 tackles a year that is light years better than what we got

Yeah I dont know why he went there....nobody knows on draft day who is a HOF and who isnt, so how does he know Rivers wont be? these are some talented players, and the reasons people come up with for not wanting them selected is halarious, I wish you guys would just say "because I'd rather have.....(insert name)" then things like "he isnt a HOFamer"...huh?

With the tenth pick in the 2008 NFL draft, The New Orleans Saints select offensive tackle, Ryan Clady, Boise St.

It is certainly possible.

I also think Branden Albert is a really good possibility. He can start at LG and shift out to LT or RT depending on Brown and Stinchcomb's situations.

I think I'm becoming content with the idea of drafting almost any position. Not sure why, maybe I've been lulled into a false sense of security. At pick #10, there's guaranteed to be some elite talent available. The only trick is making sure you get one.

Payton has repeatedly said you have to draft tackles because they don't hit the market and even if they do they're going to cost you mega bucks. With Stinchcomb only having a year left on his deal, it would not surprise or disappoint me if we're sitting at 10 (not trading up for Dorsey/Ellis)

Strief only has one year left, as well.

I can certainly see where Payton became frustrated with the O line production last year, and yearns for a road grading OL. Albert or Clady wouldn't dissapoint me, though I would be happier with defense.

You get that from the part where Loomis talks about selecting Deuce when Ricky was on the roster, and taking Will Smith when Howard/Johnson/Grant were on the roster?

Dude, it's gonna be a running back, isn't it? :covri:

Brian Brohm, baby.

i would shoot myslef in the neck if draft OL.

we need D! I'd be happy with Rivers. It would be exciting to get a 1st rd LB. When was the last time we did that? I don't remember ever doing so.

Even a CB! we haven't done that since Molden

Yeah I dont know why he went there....nobody knows on draft day who is a HOF and who isnt, so how does he know Rivers wont be? these are some talented players, and the reasons people come up with for not wanting them selected is halarious, I wish you guys would just say "because I'd rather have.....(insert name)" then things like "he isnt a HOFamer"...huh?

Look, I don't know. Do you? I have to go by what professional talent evaluators say. Are you reading any mocks? Yes, any solid guy at will would be an improvement even if he is just "good" and not "great."

I hope they try and trade upto get Ellis but if they can't, I wouldn't mind an OL at all. You can still go LB or CB in the 2nd.

I'd be absolutely fine with us picking the best OT in the draft at #10.

You wouldnt be. You will get the second best as Jake Long will already be gone. I would be less angry if you were getting the top rated tackle at 10, but since he will be gone go with a defensive position for once.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom