Mickey Loomis to a reporter (Mod Edit--Not Mickey Loomis) (1 Viewer)

Were we too prepared or to quick a running back who should not have been in high demand? It sounds as though the agent did not know what he was doing. But did we not have a better idea of what Ingram's market was and the option of telling the agent to test the market but circle back after Ingram had received his best offer. This smacks a bit of last year's rush to sign Kurt Coleman.
We can second guess this all day, but essentially if one party doesn't negotiate in good faith, then you're going to end up in the spot they did. There's no reason Mickey didn't do as you suggest and then the agent just comes back and lies again. Same result.

If this is the case, it’s just like I said in my Tevin Coleman thread. It all seemed “rushed” to me. We probably would have spent $5 million on the RB position, but no one really knows until one party comes out and says it

Were we too prepared or to quick a running back who should not have been in high demand? It sounds as though the agent did not know what he was doing. But did we not have a better idea of what Ingram's market was and the option of telling the agent to test the market but circle back after Ingram had received his best offer. This smacks a bit of last year's rush to sign Kurt Coleman.
or more the saints didnt want to lose out and not have a viable RB2 on the team, and have to use someone like Gillisee again...

Very much this . . .

yup.. Seeing the people when Ingram was out was tough to watch...shows how important the RB's are now in the saints offense.. our O was always best when we had Reggie, Sproles, and Kamara/Ingram.. and of course Pierre Thomas

I can't imagine the Saints waiting until last week to rank their options if Ingram didn't work out. They've been bouncing this around for months and had plan B queued up. The speed at which they executed this says they were very high on Murray.

I can't imagine the Saints waiting until last week to rank their options if Ingram didn't work out. They've been bouncing this around for months and had plan B queued up. The speed at which they executed this says they were very high on Murray.
can you imagine the board right now if ingram walked AND murray was signed by someone else? they would have no one as RB2. who is left out there right now?

I posted that same article about his agent inside of the mark Ingrams free agency thread yesterday. I hate that he hired a agency based out of Michigan believing that it's the best thing to represent him because he's from Flint (don't qoute me) and it already ended up back firing on him. I said it 3x yesterday in the other thread and I'll say it again... FIRE YOUR AGENT!! HE'S TRASH AT NEGOTIATING!!

Who tweeted this?

I posted that same article about his agent inside of the mark Ingrams free agency thread yesterday. I hate that he hired a agency based out of Michigan believing that it's the best thing to represent him because he's from Flint (don't qoute me) and it already ended up back firing on him. I said it 3x yesterday in the other thread and I'll say it again... FIRE YOUR AGENT!! HE'S TRASH AT NEGOTIATING!!

Too late for that now. The agent that negotiates a contract gets the agents cut for the life of the contract, even if he is later fired.

Too late for that now. The agent that negotiates a contract gets the agents cut for the life of the contract, even if he is later fired.
That just flat out sucks. I really hate it for Ingram. But like we've all said there's no bad blood. He's always gonna be a saint at heart.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom