Mickey Loomis to a reporter (Mod Edit--Not Mickey Loomis) (1 Viewer)

If this is the case, it’s just like I said in my Tevin Coleman thread. It all seemed “rushed” to me. We probably would have spent $5 million on the RB position, but no one really knows until one party comes out and says it
It wasn't "rushed". We were simply prepared. "Rushed" implies a knee jerk reaction. "Prepared" implies we did our work on the front side, ready for whatever transpired.

The agent may have done exactly what MI told him to do. It's possible and even likely that the agent suggested this strategy to MI, but in the end, MI has to give the green light. Either way, it looks like MI's camp messed this up big time, but I'm at least a little relieved to know that it wasn't the Saints refusing to pony up an extra $500K to keep him.

Signing Murray was the right thing. You don't want to be left with some bum as your RB2. It's just sad that MI could have stayed on the team if only his camp had acted like adults.

Were we too prepared or to quick a running back who should not have been in high demand? It sounds as though the agent did not know what he was doing. But did we not have a better idea of what Ingram's market was and the option of telling the agent to test the market but circle back after Ingram had received his best offer. This smacks a bit of last year's rush to sign Kurt Coleman.

Except we get a very good 1,000 yard back and not a washed up safety

I think we knew exactly what his market was. It was his agent that had no clue.

Exactly. The Saints reported offer was 10% less than what he actually signed. His agent's demands was 40-60% off. I get the feeling that either they tried to play hard ball by lying about offers or Ingram really wanted to go elsewhere and be the number one.

Sometimes money isn't everything.

I can't think of a more appropriate example than this situation.

Things Ingram lost from being greedy:

Playing with some of his best friends (Kamara and Cam)

The Saints Franchise rushing record.

Stability. You now have to uproot your family to go live in Baltimore of all places.

And all for what? You didn't even get a pay raise. Just dumb!

Sometimes money isn't everything.

I can't think of a more appropriate example than this situation.

Things Ingram lost from being greedy:

Playing with some of his best friends (Kamara and Cam)

The Saints Franchise rushing record.

Stability. You now have to uproot your family to go live in Baltimore of all places.

And all for what? You didn't even get a pay raise. Just dumb!

This.

We did? Murray has rushed for 1,000 yards once in his career in 2015.

To be fair, Ingram has only two 1,000 yard season and he has played for 3 more years than Murray. Is Ingram a 1,000 yard back? Does two 1,000 yard seasons in 8 years make you more of a "1,000 yard back" than one 1,000 yard season in five years?

I just edited the title, because it is clear this is not Mickey Loomis saying this. It is a random twitter post by a fan. Jon Vilma mockingly called him "Mickey Loomis," suggesting that the fan doesn't know what he is talking about. It could have gone down like this, or it could have gone down completely different. With that said, I wanted to be sure that we all know Mickey Loomis did not say this.

Ingram is a millionaire either way. I think he loved this team. I also think any competitor worth his salt wants to be the lead dog. He would not be #1 RB in NOLA. The money may have been the excuse to leave, but I think he is out to prove he is a legit #1 back. Ingram will be the exception to the rule about players getting paid veteran bucks and then easing up. Baltimore will be getting Angry Mark. Goof for both of them.

Here's the thing. If this is actually true, no contracts were official until 4pm yesterday (march 13th). They could have done a switcharoo. it would be in bad faith, but they could have.

Since the original tweet was just a copy and paste and from non one in particular, is it even true?

I tweeted Larry Holder, we'll see if he can clear this rumor up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom