Mickey Loomis to a reporter (Mod Edit--Not Mickey Loomis) (1 Viewer)

Ingram, 28, has hired a new agency to represent him, signing with Detroit-based VIP Sports Management and agents Paul Bobbitt and David Jones. Previously, Ingram was represented by Joel Segal of Lagardere Sports and Entertainment, an international agency with offices in New York, Dallas and Scottsdale, Ariz.

Two interesting quotes from that article:

"I am excited to join the VIP team," Ingram said in a statement. "Paul and David are smart, aggressive guys who really look out for the best interests of their players, on and off the field."

"It's good to work with, not only someone who grew up in our home state, but also someone as talented and versatile as Mark Ingram," Bobbitt said in a statement. "He's one of the best running backs in the NFL and he is approaching the prime of his career. We plan to make sure he's well represented at contract time."

We did? Murray has rushed for 1,000 yards once in his career in 2015.

If you don’t think Murray is more than capable of producing 1,000 yards in this offense then there’s no point in me wasting my time debating it

Who is Ingrams agent?....Sometimes players hve to get on the phone themselves. No telling what these agents have up there sleeve. Hope Ingram will be productive in BMO. He will be missed by the WhoDatNation!
Wow!!

Were we too prepared or to quick a running back who should not have been in high demand? It sounds as though the agent did not know what he was doing. But did we not have a better idea of what Ingram's market was and the option of telling the agent to test the market but circle back after Ingram had received his best offer. This smacks a bit of last year's rush to sign Kurt Coleman.

I believe Loomis and company, already had the number from ingram's agent, long before the Murray deal was consummated. It was not like, one day Ingram's agent threw a number range to Loomis and Loomis rushed to judgement, in signing Murray. Loomis had a long range plan based on some preliminary info. i would surmise that Loomis probably approached Ingram's agent one final time, before offering the deal to Murray. Ingram's agent probably said the number holds. Game, set, match; Murray gets signed.

There was no "rush to judgement", for a player such as Murray, as compared to Coleman. The Vacarro and Ingram for instances are two entirely different situations. Ingram was a baller. Vacarro OTOH, was a wannabe baller. The Saints had every intent to resign Ingram; not Vacarro, but in the process, made a not so good evaluation of Coleman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom