Mickey Loomis: We have a vision for Taysom Hill (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the post. Mickey really lays everything out so no one can question the future. :LOL:
His only other option was to say, 'I've nothing new to tell you'. As that tends to be frowned upon, he just replayed their standard lines for this topic.

Comms and PR professionals are involved and will have gone over these scenarios, what do we want to say when asked about Drew's contract, Taysom's contract etc. and then agreed responses that essentially give nothing away. That's how it works, since they gain zero by doing otherwise.

That article
His only other option was to say, 'I've nothing new to tell you'. As that tends to be frowned upon, he just replayed their standard lines for this topic.

Comms and PR professionals are involved and will have gone over these scenarios, what do we want to say when asked about Drew's contract, Taysom's contract etc. and then agreed responses that essentially give nothing away. That's how it works, since they gain zero by doing otherwise.

He could at least gave us a clue on how the Tom Brady acquisition was going.

From Taysom Hill:

"But I’m in no hurry to leave New Orleans. As I look at my career, I have goals, and I have a vision for myself as to what I can do in the NFL, and there has been nothing that has been said, or I’ve never been treated in any way that would lead me to believe that the vision I have for myself is not the same vision that coach [Sean] Payton has for me, as well as the other guys on the staff."

From Mickey Loomis:

"We have a vision for him. I think he feels the same way, I think he feels strongly about his experience in New Orleans and would love to be back with us. That’s 90 percent of the battle.”

From Sean Payton:

“If he was unsigned prior to the league year, I would anticipate us really paying close attention to that and looking at that first-round tender,” Payton said. “That’ll take some time, relative to his contract because it’s unique in what he’s doing now and what we feel like he can be and what he can do when Drew does retire. That will probably take a little more work than the contract that Mickey does with Drew.”

Is this clear enough?

I really don't understand why there is so much speculation. The decision has been made.

From Taysom Hill:

"But I’m in no hurry to leave New Orleans. As I look at my career, I have goals, and I have a vision for myself as to what I can do in the NFL, and there has been nothing that has been said, or I’ve never been treated in any way that would lead me to believe that the vision I have for myself is not the same vision that coach [Sean] Payton has for me, as well as the other guys on the staff."

From Mickey Loomis:

"We have a vision for him. I think he feels the same way, I think he feels strongly about his experience in New Orleans and would love to be back with us. That’s 90 percent of the battle.”

From Sean Payton:

“If he was unsigned prior to the league year, I would anticipate us really paying close attention to that and looking at that first-round tender,” Payton said. “That’ll take some time, relative to his contract because it’s unique in what he’s doing now and what we feel like he can be and what he can do when Drew does retire. That will probably take a little more work than the contract that Mickey does with Drew.”

Is this clear enough?

I really don't understand why there is so much speculation. The decision has been made.

To me it sounds like they all want him back and he wants to be back, but he wants QB money and we don't have QB money to give him with Brees coming back and with whatever might happen with Bridgewater and especially If he's the 3rd string QB again.

To me it sounds like they all want him back and he wants to be back, but he wants QB money and we don't have QB money to give him with Brees coming back and with whatever might happen with Bridgewater and especially If he's the 3rd string QB again.

I think that they can agree on a contract on a level of him playing his role as a joker for the time that Drew continues playing (aka his current role) , and later to get the salary of the quarterback of the New Orleans Saints (aka, his role once Drew retires).

I think that they can agree on a contract on a level of him playing his role as a joker for the time that Drew continues playing (aka his current role) , and later to get the salary of the quarterback of the New Orleans Saints (aka, his role once Drew retires).
You make it sound so simple but that's the most complicated and unknown part.

From Taysom Hill:

From Mickey Loomis:

From Sean Payton:

Is this clear enough?

Payton also told the world he wasn’t interested in Antonio Brown. Then told everyone he lied.

Simply saying there’s a vision doesn’t mean a decision has been made. And whatever decision was made can change quickly if a team sends over an offer sheet after a first-round tender.

“Vision” doesn’t equate to “decision,” IMO.

Not allowed by league rules. A Player’s salary can’t increase by more than 30% from one year to the next. And the jump from “joker” to “franchise QB” would be quite a bit more than 30%.

He could at least gave us a clue on how the Tom Brady acquisition was going.
According to my learned friend with a great deal of acquisition experience, we should be prepared for things to get crazy, with little or no actual information being shared by anyone that can be given any credibility at all. Anyway I think that's what he said?

Not allowed by league rules. A Player’s salary can’t increase by more than 30% from one year to the next. And the jump from “joker” to “franchise QB” would be quite a bit more than 30%.

They could write the contract with a player option to void if or when "X" happens though, couldn't they? At which point they could have a second contract just waiting to be signed.

ETA: That's what I'd do if possible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom