Mickey, Sean, please... Join the WR hunt (1 Viewer)

We don't have a lot to spend this year and need save up for resigning our young stars next year.

The Saints are not going to be able to bone up for all the money they will eventually have to pay Drew all of his money, around the same time/year, they are going to have to pay Thomas, Ram, Latt, AK, Jordan, Anzalone, Armstead! The cards will all come crashing down unfortunately, because there is ZERO chance all of the guys I mentioned will be on this team in the next 2-3 years. The Saints year has to be 2019, or else.
i can see us breaking the bank for Thomas, Latt, AK, and Jordan.

The Saints are not going to be able to bone up for all the money they will eventually have to pay Drew all of his money, around the same time/year, they are going to have to pay Thomas, Ram, Latt, AK, Jordan, Anzalone, Armstead! The cards will all come crashing down unfortunately, because there is ZERO chance all of the guys I mentioned will be on this team in the next 2-3 years. The Saints year has to be 2019, or else.

As of right now we have almost 100 million in cap space for next season.. It will be very easy to keep all of them together...

That 100 million in space is also with having Armstead and Jordan under contract

As of right now we have almost 100 million in cap space for next season.. It will be very easy to keep all of them together...

That 100 million in space is also with having Armstead and Jordan under contract

Exactly... I don't know why everyone is acting like we're saving up to sign our guys. We can take care of our young core. This year we need to load up as much as possible

Exactly... I don't know why everyone is acting like we're saving up to sign our guys. We can take care of our young core. This year we need to load up as much as possible

We cant, you dont want to start pushing money into future seasons, then you risk being able to keep the young guys

So by your logic, let's spend all our future cap space to overpay a WR who will be 3rd option at best on this team, and in a year or 2 let a generational talent like Lattimore or Thomas or Kamara walk because we overpaid for a 3rd option..

Glad you're not running the team

See the way your post comes off? Sarcastically and with that nice little personal touch at the end? No one likes that.

See the post underneath yours where the guy said the same thing without turning it into a whiny personal attack? People do like that.

I’m watching WR after WR being signed by this team, that team. I’m watching teams improve their offenses by leaps and bounds. I’m watching QBs being surrounded with playmakers.

I’m watching how teams are trying their best to carbon copy the Chiefs and Rams blueprints. And I’m watching the team with the best offense of the last decade sit still and watch player after player after player that could help us be signed by anyone else.

And I’m watching the irony of the fact that the team with the best offense of the last decade waited until several teams in the league caught up offensively to get a defense. And now that same defense might be the best part of the team.

We need a 2nd WR BADLY. We need a TE BADLY. I don’t want to hear Meredith this, Dez that. I want the Conleys, the Tyrell Williams’s, the Beasley’s... hell I’d even take the Humphries. We’ve already lost MI and Ben W. I want to see this team stack Drew with the best weapons possible for his last year or two.

If this staff sits tight and tries to trot out (say that 3 times fast) the same offense we showed in the last 6 games of the season, we WILL... I repeat... WILL... fall behind many of the teams in the league and we will be praying our D holds teams to under 17 week after week only soon after begging our D to keep teams under 28.

I don’t like that irony.
Dude, put the gun back in the drawer, it will be okay...

I think we should trust in developing Smith and Wood. It's scary, but these two have loads of potential.

Can’t wait on them. Brees has maybe two years. These guys can contribute but are not reliable when the chips are on the line. Find two veteran guys to help Thomas and an aging Ginn, or fall behind.

Really need to settle down.

If Sean has shown us anything over 14 seasons, he knows how to move the football and score points, and he’s done it year after year without “big names”.

Why would this year be any different?

Let’s see the teams that are signing big name after big name WR.

Browns- worst franchise in sports over the past 20 years.
Raiders- A complete bottom feeder for a decade.
Titans- Bottom 10 team nearly every season.
Bills-(Beasley and Brown)- Another bottom dweller forva decade.
Jets -( Bellamy and Crowder) Another bottom dweller
Bears - Last playoff win, 2010.

There are the teams that are snagging up WR after WR.

Let’s see who isn’t signing guys......

Saints
Pats
Steelers
Chiefs
Rams

Now let’s look at the 10 highest prices FA WR in 2018.

Watkins
Robinson
Lee
Richardson
Gabriel
Wilson
Crabtree
Nelson
Hurns
Amendola

None of the 10 produced to their salary.
Every single one underperformed.

In fact, the highest in “receptions” was Taylor Gabriel, and he was 37th.

So I’d advise to sit back, trust the winning programs know what they are doing, and we will keep on winning, while those teams keep on losing.

These guys are getting signed for 8+ million a year, Tyrell just got 11 mil a year... Teams are SEVERELY overpaying for these guys, we do not need to do the same, especially with Thomas in line to get 18+ this year or next
Exactly. I know it’s exciting to see all these names and figures get thrown around, but do we see teams like the Patriots out there in these bidding wars? They sit back and find value once the dust settles.

Really need to settle down.

If Sean has shown us anything over 14 seasons, he knows how to move the football and score points, and he’s done it year after year without “big names”.

Why would this year be any different?

Let’s see the teams that are signing big name after big name WR.

Browns- worst franchise in sports over the past 20 years.
Raiders- A complete bottom feeder for a decade.
Titans- Bottom 10 team nearly every season.
Bills-(Beasley and Brown)- Another bottom dweller forva decade.
Jets -( Bellamy and Crowder) Another bottom dweller
Bears - Last playoff win, 2010.

There are the teams that are snagging up WR after WR.

Let’s see who isn’t signing guys......

Saints
Pats
Steelers
Chiefs
Rams

Now let’s look at the 10 highest prices FA WR in 2018.

Watkins
Robinson
Lee
Richardson
Gabriel
Wilson
Crabtree
Nelson
Hurns
Amendola

None of the 10 produced to their salary.
Every single one underperformed.

In fact, the highest in “receptions” was Taylor Gabriel, and he was 37th.

So I’d advise to sit back, trust the winning programs know what they are doing, and we will keep on winning, while those teams keep on losing.

Did you feel okay watching the Saints Offense struggle to score in the second half of last season? Did you feel okay knowing the ball would be forced to MT and Kamara on every play?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom