Microsoft backs Novell's Linux platform (1 Viewer)

Most of that's over my head. But Suse is the first Linux system I messed with, and have a certain affection for them, because it is pretty easy and straight forward, except for the ATI drivers. I've converted over to Ubantu and have it running the way I want, even doing the things Suse did and more.

I guess the bottom line is that I don't really know what to think about all of this. For some reason, I don't really trust Suse now, and think they're selling out. Maybe that's my inexperience in the linux world showing, but I've never trusted microsoft. I wish I knew what the long-term impact of this is going to be, especially to the home users.

BTW, I can't find a spell-checker since the upgrade, so y'all are going to have to deal with my early '80s Mississippi education.

Buick, go into User CP, then Edit Options...change your editor (last option) to the Enhanced version. That should fix your spell check problem I believe.

One step closer to MS Office for Linux.

Smells like big, hairy, juicy RAT to me!! I knew I didn't like it when Novell entered the picture.

Obviously Novell has not done much homework on the history of the great Micro$oft Partnership plan. It's gonna be like getting a front row seat for a train wreck.
Who have they NOT burned after they are no longer are of use.

Mr (for lack of a better title) Ballmer,
..............and what is it I won't be protected from if I don't use SuSE? :_rofl:

This is going to be very comical.

and Groklaw RULES, BTW!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom