Microsoft Zune (1 Viewer)

Beast

Former Camp Beast
Reaction score
So I got a first generation 30 GB Zune for Christmas and upgraded it with the new second generation firmware.. It's been pretty cool up to today.. All of a sudden during the middle of a song, and I'm not kidding, it reboots itself.. I'm just waiting for a blue screen to start appearing.. :covri:

Be a good boy and maybe Santa will bring you an iPod next year. :9:

I could've gotten an iPod, but I already have one that crapped out on me.. So I figured I'd check out the Zune.. It was cheaper and had some neat features..

i nearly got a zume, but at the time i didn't want to be limited to video in wmv format. After a bought a video software package that converts video to mp4 format and went with the ipod. Course the ipod has draw backs as well, but for a mini video player it gets the job done.

i nearly got a zume, but at the time i didn't want to be limited to video in wmv format. After a bought a video software package that converts video to mp4 format and went with the ipod. Course the ipod has draw backs as well, but for a mini video player it gets the job done.

Being limited to WMV isn't so bad.. I have a bunch of AVIs that I've converted to WMV using Windows Media Encoder.. Generally takes about an hour per movie..

And what is so great about an ipod I have redone my son and his friends ipod's a couple of times , that's why I won't have one!!!!!!!!!! You people with Apple chips on your shoulder should do a little more research it's not always peachy keen in the Apple world either!

And what is so great about an ipod I have redone my son and his friends ipod's a couple of times , that's why I won't have one!!!!!!!!!! You people with Apple chips on your shoulder should do a little more research it's not always peachy keen in the Apple world either!

When someone mentions a product and the response is a bunch of exclamation points from a dog with glasses, it's a good sign you've got a gadget inferiority complex going on there.

Actually, things are great in the Apple world. And what do you mean "redone your son's ipod?" You dress it up like a Zune or something?

When someone mentions a product and the response is a bunch of exclamation points from a dog with glasses, it's a good sign you've got a gadget inferiority complex going on there.

Actually, things are great in the Apple world. And what do you mean "redone your son's ipod?" You dress it up like a Zune or something?

I'm not gonna get into a fanboy flamewar here, but what does his avatar have to do with anything? If you browse the board enough, you'd see that Cajun Mike has a good bit of tech knowledge and has offered excellent advice on numerous, numerous occasions..

I see that you've only been around since 2006.. Should I hold that against you? :shrug:

I have the original iPod, it's six years old. I have never had to "redo" it. Of course, I never plugged it into a Windows machine either. :hihi:

I'm not gonna get into a fanboy flamewar here, but what does his avatar have to do with anything? If you browse the board enough, you'd see that Cajun Mike has a good bit of tech knowledge and has offered excellent advice on numerous, numerous occasions..

I see that you've only been around since 2006.. Should I hold that against you? :shrug:

Actually it was attempt at a sense of humor. Bit sensitive, much?

What I mean by redone, it had to be reformatted it quite a few times. seems that there is a problem with the underlying firmware!!! Also if you would care to read to boards a little more, yes I do have windows on one machine all the rest are Ubuntu in various flavors. I am for technology that works and not rushed out.

IE> iphone rushed out did you know that there is a predecessor to it, called the Fic Neo1976? Just coming out and it's unlocked in fact there is a developer pack that's basically let's you do want you want.

What I mean by redone, it had to be reformatted it quite a few times. seems that there is a problem with the underlying firmware!!! Also if you would care to read to boards a little more, yes I do have windows on one machine all the rest are Ubuntu in various flavors. I am for technology that works and not rushed out.

IE> iphone rushed out did you know that there is a predecessor to it, called the Fic Neo1976? Just coming out and it's unlocked in fact there is a developer pack that's basically let's you do want you want.

I've had four ipods and my wife has had two. I've never had to reformat any of them. We use them with macs. There is definitely a higher likelihood of problems when using with a Windows system. I'm still using my original ipod (first version) although I use it as a portable external drive with my troubleshooting programs mounted on it.

Still don't know why you are coming across so crotchety. I didn't insult you. I also didn't call you out for using Windows.

And yes, I'm for technology that isn't rushed out which is why I use Apple products. Please don't try to say Microsoft gets the bugs out and then releases.

Notice not one exclamation point.

And didn't this whole thread start because of a Zune not working?

I've had my ipod nano for almost 2-1/2 years now, use the hades out of it and never had any problems with it. I've used it with Windows the first year and a half and with an iMac since then. I didn't even know about anyone having to reformat one. I guess I was lucky :shrug:

I got my 20 GB iPod (first click wheel generation) a couple years ago.. It worked great for awhile and then I started having all sorts of problems with it.. Tried reformatting, resetting, all of it.. Nothing worked.. I finally got the sad Mac face.. Apparently I'm supposed to send it back to Apple.. :shrug:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom