Microwave Popcorn or Bagged Popcorn (1 Viewer)

I started using my Fry Daddy. works well. either that or my good Teflon pot. I've tried using my large SS pot, but not as good results.
also, if you put some kernels in a brown paper bag, put it in the microwave, works in a pinch, but doesn't yield a large serving.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My ex would put kernels in the fridge. She also thought it was normal to freeze bread and milk.

1) 4 qt pot with heavy bottom
2) coconut oil
3) high quality kernels
4) fine ground salt

Hands down best popcorn ever.

It has never occurred to me to even consider storing popcorn in the fridge.

Me neither but you never know so I thought it was a good PSA!! I had read about it during my air popper research.

I'm not ashamed to admit that I like those big metal tins with the 3 part divider filled with butter, cheese, and caramel flavored popcorn. I've never actually bought one, but I sometimes get one as a gift during the holidays.

I used to work at AMC and the trick is Yellow Coconut oil and powdered salt (we used savorall or flavoral sp?)It was also yellow. There are products like this in the on the interwebs.
As for air poppers you must rest the popcorn or let it stale a bit so it's not so chewy. Same thing for microwave popcorn.

I used to work at AMC and the trick is Yellow Coconut oil and powdered salt (we used savorall or flavoral sp?)It was also yellow. There are products like this in the on the interwebs.
As for air poppers you must rest the popcorn or let it stale a bit so it's not so chewy. Same thing for microwave popcorn.

I fancy myself as a popping corn aficionado. Growing up, we always made our popcorn on the stove. It was a tradition in our house to eat popcorn for dinner on Mondays for MNF. I've used a Whirley Pop for over 15yrs now, on my second one. It's a must have.

I personally like using coconut oil followed by canola or vegetable oil. You want an oil with a high smoke temp because you want to cook the corn in med-high heat. If the heat is too low, the popcorn will be way too greasy from sitting in the oil for so long.

I like using some gourmet popcorn kernels from either Amish Country or Bob's Red Mill. Amazing the different sizes and flavors that are out there.

I put in the flavacol salt in the oil while it's heating up. I'll put 3-4 kernels in the pot. When they pop, it's time to put the rest of the kernels in and start churning the whirley pop to keep them moving.

As far as seasonings go, we like salty more than sweet. Occasionally I'll put about a half cap of liquid crab boil in the oil before heating it up but be careful not to use too much and to close the lid as it will pop in the oil. I like the white cheddar and bacon cheddar from Kernel Season's the best.

Put small amount of oil in pot
Put seeds in pot
Place foil on pot with holes punched in
Turn heat on high
Pop corn and salt.

It's the cheapest and best way to make popcorn.

do you have to move the pot back and forth? that was what we always did

do you have to move the pot back and forth? that was what we always did

When the heat is on high yes. I dont eat burnt popcorn, and high heat means I get my popkern fast fast.

It doesnt take but 1-2 tablespoons of oil to make a alot of popcorn. I eyeball it. I also use a 4qt pot with pour spouts and a cover so I dont use the foil. Once the oil starts sizzling, in a minute I have plenty popcorn for 4 people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom