Middle Linebacker (1 Viewer)

Ryano

Reaction score
I know that most weeks this discusion comes up but I really believe we should give Clarke more playing time. Against the Ravens whom we knew would be run focused we got hit for over 100 yards from Lewis and he goes up the gut most of the time. Simoneau only contributed 1 tackle and 1 assist. I really think had Clarke been in there we could have held them for alot less and on a few plays where Simoneau was in position he couldn't get of the Oline blocks where as Danny is much stronger in that area.

i agree ,just because we are not give up 30yrds a carry doesnt mean its so call fixed .when we have a defense like the ravens then its fixed until then keep your options open.eveytime clark is in there he is making tackles

MLB will be fixed for years when we draft this guy.
<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_bM4sEmaFLQ"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_bM4sEmaFLQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Patrick Willis is the MAN. I would love it if we were able to get him. I figure he goes top 15, maybe even top 10

Patrick Willis is the MAN. I would love it if we were able to get him. I figure he goes top 15, maybe even top 10

The kid from Ms State has also been really impressive. I don't know what it is with Ms and MLB's but they seem to be breeding them here. Check out Chris Strong. He will be going to Ole Miss next year. This kid is in High School and runs a 4.6 40, he is 6'3" 251lbs and about as strong as they come.

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=43293&Sport=1

That's truly what the Saints need on defense. Someone that will give our defense some attitude. Like what Urlacher does for the Bears. Make teams afraid to run the ball his way.

Patrick Willis is the man.

He's basically a highlight reel on a very poor SEC team. He's up for the Butkis award for best LB in college football.

I think he'll definitely go in the first round, question is where.

Patrick Willis is the man.

He's basically a highlight reel on a very poor SEC team. He's up for the Butkis award for best LB in college football.

I think he'll definitely go in the first round, question is where.

That is a good question. I think he will go between 10-15 but the draft is a long way off. All Willis would have to do is run a sub 4.6 or add 10 pounds without losing speed and he could easily move in the top 10. I know it has been widely reported that he runs in the 4.6 range now.

Clark=liability in coverage, and Ravens TEs had a pretty fair day against us anyways. Don't know if that is due to poor Safety play or poor ply by the LBs.

I know that most weeks this discusion comes up but I really believe we should give Clarke more playing time. Against the Ravens whom we knew would be run focused we got hit for over 100 yards from Lewis and he goes up the gut most of the time. Simoneau only contributed 1 tackle and 1 assist. I really think had Clarke been in there we could have held them for alot less and on a few plays where Simoneau was in position he couldn't get of the Oline blocks where as Danny is much stronger in that area.

I mention this as a public service.........when you watch a game, watch the line play. There is a reason that Mark had 1/1 stats. The d line couldn't keep the o line off of the linebackers. I am not making an argument for or against clark. Although I think heap would have exploited him. I think the reason the coaches aren't on mark the way some fans are, would because they understand that the d line is not holding up consistently.

Also something worth mentioning.....putting clark on the field would not change one position, it would change seven. If Clark isn't playing it could very well be because he can't make the defensive calls, doesn't know the d well enough. The MLB position entails so much more than tackling the runner. You may just have to trust the coach on this. If Clark doesn't get people in the right position, the d will be giving up a hell of a lot more yardage vs the run.

I mention this as a public service.........when you watch a game, watch the line play. There is a reason that Mark had 1/1 stats. The d line couldn't keep the o line off of the linebackers. I am not making an argument for or against clark. Although I think heap would have exploited him. I think the reason the coaches aren't on mark the way some fans are, would because they understand that the d line is not holding up consistently.

Also something worth mentioning.....putting clark on the field would not change one position, it would change seven. If Clark isn't playing it could very well be because he can't make the defensive calls, doesn't know the d well enough. The MLB position entails so much more than tackling the runner. You may just have to trust the coach on this. If Clark doesn't get people in the right position, the d will be giving up a hell of a lot more yardage vs the run.

I agree but Clarke is so much better getting of those blocks than Simoneau is. As for making the calls isn't Fujita doing all that for the D anyway? I pretty sure that when we go to nickle and dime Simoneau is the first backer that comes out!

Exactly! MLB play goes far beyond the player's personal ability. Some folks think because a guy can tackle and he's had some good highlights, that he can automatically jump in and play better football. It's about the play of the DL, first off. Everything starts at the line of scrimmage. On both sides of the ball! Second, can the player get the scheme down? Does he know his job?
Third, it's about chemistry. How well does he play with the other LB's? Can they all trust each other?
I would like to see how Clark could do too but, evidentally the coaches see something that makes him a rotation guy.

I like Willis, but I don't think we'll get a shot at him... Sit and wait until the 2nd round and then snatch BUSTER DAVIS. Dude is a BEAST and he reminds me of Sam.

I would like to see Edwards in the Middle and Briggs OLB bought in, spend some money where they improve team right away since CB's are at a premium and money only gets you a so so one and use draft for CB's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom