middle of the defense (1 Viewer)

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This is not a "sky is falling" post. Is it just me or did the middle of our D look wide open a lot. What exactly was going on there? I'm a bunch of beers in to a great Friday night and had the game recorded. I didn't spend a bunch of time rewinding and watching plays to see what was happening....just looked like they had free run across the middle on several occasions.

The other thing....who do I have to pay off to get a game that's not announced by the other team's guys?

I saw the Steelers executing a gameplan so specific to the saints that they didn't need to run. They might have noticed these corners can run with their receivers. So quick and short routes worked wonders. No time for a pass rush. They didn't run because they didn't have to. Not a perfect or ideal gameplan, but they pushed the passing game as far as it would go. Testing it. The saints we're the worst last year in passing defense. Why not attack that?

For the Saints, it seems like they try to out perform every team. You don't see (at least its not as evident for me) a gameplan tailored to a specific opponent. It seems the philosophy is that our system, when executed propely, will beat any team. Either that is just not the case, or we just don't have the talent to do so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom