Update midsommar - nc17 version theaters 08/30/19 (5 Viewers)

ari aster is awesome. not sure about "beau is afraid", the reviews are all over the place , but so were the critic responses towards hereditary and midsommar. i plan on watching it at some point.
I watched it last week and still don’t know wtf I watched, probably needed shrooms.

He’s not the only person, at least 2 people I work with. Apparently I’m the weird one for not having my world changed after watching it :shrug:

I feel like A24 films in general get this treatment.
A24 has been putting out really good stuff the past few years. I really think mostly because at very least it's original content. There's only so much deriative schlock we can take.

That being said Ari Aster put out two back to back bangers of movies. Neither of which "changed my life", to whatever degree that can happen. But hot damn can that man make a movie. Hereditary and Midsommar deserve the praise they get.

you know, this may be borderline sad.in many ways.

thanks to allowing my mother and useless brother to live with me the past few years, i have no idea where the other 1/2-2/3 of my collection is. this is what is currently in "my" (forking deadbeats, this house is mine jackass squatters) room. the vhs on the top is just an ari shout-out.

PXL_20230707_032818284.MP.jpg

in fairness, almost all of these have been posted before. for the love of me, i can't find most of my ebay treasures. do. not. let hoarder family members destroy your livelihood.

threw in a beautifully, well crafted, curtain my dearly departed wife made for me. man, i'd trade every copy of midsommar printed, including the ones i own (lol no way to make that not sound creepy), and even anything ever made. seriously, i like y'all, but none of you have sheet on her. she wins 1000000000000000000000/10. seriously, where is the infinitely icon?

7/3/23 made 7 years. sigh. she would have hated midsommar. yeah, true love always prevails. man, for real, i hope someone finds what i stumbled into. unless you experience it, there is no greater feeling.

dammit, this isn't even about the awesomeness of owning such a legendary collection of the best movie ever, yet has turned into a "where can one so awesome as you build an extraordinary collection? ebay.

my coworker was telling me about a folk movie he watched with "the hot chick from dune 2" and it was the magic of midsommar.

forking awesome. at least i'm rubbing off on someone...

this take is both subjective and factually incorrect
almost everything he did up to Red Rock West was very good
then he was in some mix of good camp/bad camp & legit good movie
then Adaptation was his last good movie
after that it was 10 % good camp 30% bad camp and 60% ****
50% of the time you’re correct 100% of the time #ConAir

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom