Update midsommar - nc17 version theaters 08/30/19 (3 Viewers)

I'm a little behind, but I just saw this. I thought it was pretty good. A lot of you seemed to be disappointed in the lack of jump scares. It wasn't a jump scare movie, it was about tension and macabre imagery. I certainly felt uncomfortable as the tension ratcheted up.

Is it wrong that as long as I knew I wouldn't hit one of the 90 year festivals, I'd be okay with joining this cult? It seems like all they do is watch Austin Powers, do drugs, and have sex. I'm down with all of that. Sure, I'd have to throw myself off a cliff at 72, but I may not make it that far anyway.

And also, when that guy peed on the sacred tree, I thought "uh, oh, they'll kill him for that." But as I thought about it, they were clearly planning to kill him anyway, so I'm sort of glad he got to preemptively take a little revenge on them before he got it.

Now that I’m baked and a little drunk I’ll add to the above that I was against the guy peeing on the relic and angry at the dusrepsectfuk American but they were going to kill him! Like I should try to pee on more sacred artifacts because I don’t know who might want to kill me.

Now that I’m baked and a little drunk I’ll add to the above that I was against the guy peeing on the relic and angry at the dusrepsectfuk American but they were going to kill him! Like I should try to pee on more sacred artifacts because I don’t know who might want to kill me.
what is funny is, out of all of the actors, he is the most known out of everyone in the movie of fantasticness. he has been in a ton of stuff. i love him.

what is funny is, out of all of the actors, he is the most known out of everyone in the movie of fantasticness

I'm not a fan of horror. I watched Friday the 13th, Omen, Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween when I was a kid. Probably a few others I'm not thinking of at the moment, but ever since my mid teen years, I've never watched horror flicks.

So I'll take your word for it. Good enough for me. :hihi:
Right there with you. I saw The Exorcist, Dracula (the Gary Oldmsn version) and The Evil Dead, and pretty well packed it in after that.

Midsommar is free on Amazon Prime now.

I rented Doctor Sleep last night and I think it was better than Stephen King's book.

Ari Aster and Mike Flanagan are the best horror writers/directors in the business now.

Midsommar is free on Amazon Prime now.

I rented Doctor Sleep last night and I think it was better than Stephen King's book.

Ari Aster and Mike Flanagan are the best horror writers/directors in the business now.
i liked doctor sleep a lot. midsommar is a must watch.

i liked doctor sleep a lot. midsommar is a must watch.

I would recommend these Mike Flanagan movies if you haven't seen them.

Oculas

Ouija: Origin of Evil

Hush

And the best horror series of all-time: The Haunting of Hill House

I would recommend these Mike Flanagan movies if you haven't seen them.

Oculas

Ouija: Origin of Evil

Hush

And the best horror series of all-time: The Haunting of Hill House
i have not watched any of those movies. will check them out.

haunting of hill house is excellent. gives me ghostwood when i watch it.

i have not watched any of those movies. will check them out.

haunting of hill house is excellent. gives me ghostwood when i watch it.
i will watch hush on netflix and i purchased the other two.

these better be worth while. you don't want to disappoint me, unless you like thumbs down.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom