Update midsommar - nc17 version theaters 08/30/19 (7 Viewers)

I wonder what's really different to get an NC-17 rating. I read the leaked script and whilst there were a few scenes that were cut/different ultimately it all ended up in the same place. Nothing in the screenplay seemed to me like it would've garnered an NC-17 rating.

Ultimately I really liked the movie, I had a bit of a problem with the ending but it was nothing that ruined it for me.

I wonder what's really different to get an NC-17 rating. I read the leaked script and whilst there were a few scenes that were cut/different ultimately it all ended up in the same place. Nothing in the screenplay seemed to me like it would've garnered an NC-17 rating.

Ultimately I really liked the movie, I had a bit of a problem with the ending but it was nothing that ruined it for me.
honestly. i watched it last night (um watching again tonight) and i just couldn't see really where it was much different than the r rated in terms of whatever.

Alright cool. I don't know if you've read the leaked script but if so was all of that in there?

Anecdotal story - In the original cut when they showed the tapestry I exclaimed without thinking "oh that's some Hoodoo ****" which my mother (who was definitely not the right person to catch this movie with) heard me and of course had no idea what I was on about, so afterwards I explained to her the background of it and a friend of mines father who grew up in the South (Arkansas I believe, I think he spent some time in North Carolina as well) telling us why we should "never let a strange woman make you spaghetti" when we were younger. I was laughing the entire time, I'm pretty sure she thought I lost it for a while. The whole movie was just totally not her scene. The mating ritual didn't help matters either.

just back from 2nd showing of the director's cut, fifth time seeing midsommar in total, possibly 6th.

i don't understand why it was nc17 before the original cut was edited down for an r rating. it isn't anymore gore etc than the theatrical cut.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom