Update midsommar - nc17 version theaters 08/30/19 (3 Viewers)

omg. for the may queen flowers, started trying so hard to not bid, then to not bid much, then at max bid no more than 5k (seriously).

it is currently 30k ugh!!!!!!!!!!

I watched this a few months ago out of the blue. My wife is still mad at me for making her watch it. I loved how different and non-formulaic the story seemed to be.

Oh, my wife will hate it. I haven't watched it yet solely for this reason. We don’t do much apart, at least not in a long while. I do want to see it at some point.

Oh, my wife will hate it. I haven't watched it yet solely for this reason. We don’t do much apart, at least not in a long while. I do want to see it at some point.
surprise her! too awesome for not watching.

good write-up about the last 20 minutes or so..

Spoilers ahead.

There's a bit too much Dani apologism in that write up for me. Christian wasn't very good to her sure, but to say he contributed to her family's death is a bit much. It's not his fault Dani called him first and it's implied that she has a history of over-reaction/anxiety so his reaction whilst probably not the reaction one would want from their significant other isn't altogether horrible either. To say she was being empathetic rather than vengeful when you chose to burn him is ridiculous to me. I've always looked at it as they were all victims of that cult so if the writer wanted to frame it as she was doped up out of her mind and essentially brainwashed then sure I could accept that because of that she wasn't vengeful but that isn't what they said. The brainwashing aspect is why I consider her a victim as well. Christian was also hopped up on drugs, voluntold to mate with the teenage cultist, and during the act was forced to attempt to impregnate her and he's clearly out of his mind the whole time. When he starts to realize what he's doing/done he freaks out and takes off only to be paralyzed and rendered mute then left to his P'Oed off drugged Girlfriends whim of a decision. Their two friends get murdered after overstepping boundaries but the idiotic one literally had no idea that tree was sacred. The only one that intentionally did anything wrong without being under the influence of anything was Josh. The two randoms get murdered because they rightfully freak out about being present at a self-sacrifice, literally get killed for having a brain and wanting to get outta dodge. Obviously at the end we find out that at least 4 of them were never leaving no matter what but that doesn't really make it any better.

I actually felt like the ending made Dani into a huge hypocrite and ultimately felt like it was out of character for her up to that point, but the brainwashing drug aspect is how I rationalized it. I've wondered what happens after that final scene. Are we supposed to assume she stayed with the cult after that and ended up with Pelle? That would ultimately be even worse to me, as it would mean Dani "breaks up" with Christian and ends up with a guy who manipulated 3 people that thought they were good friends with him into being human sacrifices for his cult. He also was fine with Dani being a sacrifice because had the two randoms not been there then they would've only had 4 "new bloods" to choose from with her being one of them.

Last edited:
surprise her! too awesome for not watching.
If there's one thing she loathes, it's surprises. Idk why, but she'd rather me explain to her what it is. But, she hates horror and movies with death in it. So, I doubt she'd last long, lol.

Tbh, while I can and sometimes will watch them, dark movies aren't really my cup of tea either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom