Midway (1 Viewer)

I have interest in the move, but my one problem with it is so much of it is obviously CGI blue screen that is killing the realism for me. IMO, its no different then a Star Wars movie. It actually makes Pearl Harbor look better from an effects point of view. Ugh...need a bath now...

I have interest in the move, but my one problem with it is so much of it is obviously CGI blue screen that is killing the realism for me. IMO, its no different then a Star Wars movie. It actually makes Pearl Harbor look better from an effects point of view. Ugh...need a bath now...

Were you expecting they blow up real WWII destroyers, that they had real dog fights and destroy real planes?

I am so down with this... But...

It sure does look computer graphficky. I hope that I can get past that an enjoy it for the almost real visual effects...

And.. I don;t know if I can accept Woody Harrelson playing Nimitz.

Looks like we are going to get Pearl Harbor attack and Doolittles raid as a movie bonus...

But... I have yet to see Dunkirk.. so... heck... I guess I need a movie partner friend or something.

I am so down with this... But...

It sure does look computer graphficky. I hope that I can get past that an enjoy it for the almost real visual effects...

And.. I don;t know if I can accept Woody Harrelson playing Nimitz.

Looks like we are going to get Pearl Harbor attack and Doolittles raid as a movie bonus...

But... I have yet to see Dunkirk.. so... heck... I guess I need a movie partner friend or something.

Dunkirk is fantastic IMO. The way it’s told elevates it from what has been a pretty solid decade of war-oriented major releases. I didn’t see it in the theater but when I see it’s on now, I can’t resist watching it.

Dunkirk is fantastic IMO. The way it’s told elevates it from what has been a pretty solid decade of war-oriented major releases. I didn’t see it in the theater but when I see it’s on now, I can’t resist watching it.

as soon as I see it listed.. can't wait.. I just got an operating firestick and Haven't figured it out yet.. lol

Were you expecting they blow up real WWII destroyers, that they had real dog fights and destroy real planes?

The 1976 classic used actual WWII footage for many of he naval and air battle scenes.

Trailer for the new movie below. The acting surely won't be as good as the 1976 version with Charlton Heston, Henry Fonda, James Coburn, and Pat Morita. Perhaps the CGI will be cool.

But also, this:

Not sure a CGI remake is needed, but they now seem to recycle everything periodically.

I miss the war movies. I grew up watching them and seems like as more time passes fewer are made. Same with westerns.....I wish there would be another good Western made.

The 1976 classic used actual WWII footage for many of he naval and air battle scenes.

... which is jarring for the movie going experience. May as well watch a documentary.

Can you imagine watching Saving Private Ryan with actual footage of the landing?

Dunkirk is fantastic IMO. The way it’s told elevates it from what has been a pretty solid decade of war-oriented major releases.
Great movie, made especially disturbing thanks to the Shepard-tone soundtrack.

Dunkirk was upstaged IMO by the same-year release of Darkest Hour, a masterwork.

That one knows the eventual outcome yet can be served up such tension and desperation puts both flicks among the top of the genre.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom