Might as well post it before someone does with an over reactionary title: PFT SPECULATES Mike could be traded (1 Viewer)

Thanks for this.

And this was what I was saying earlier: Florio couldā€™ve easily reached out to SP on this and gotten it squashed, either on the record or on background. Instead, he puts it out and gets clicks, but also gets it squashed publicly.

If you remember, SP never squashed the Kamara trade talk like this. Because they were willing to listen if they couldnā€™t reach a deal. This was speculation.

To play devil's advocate: Payton did make a similar tweet about the Brandin Cooks trade rumors way back when.
what did Payton tweet on that? I don't recall.

Either way, I'd put money on there's no way we are trading MT this season.

LOL, and we've learned over the years to take what SP says with a grain of salt.
I definitely agree with that but like I said, I would put money on us for sure not trading MT this season. It would make no sense. It's not like we're 1-5. The team won't worry about the future until the offseason.

It's generally a good idea to hold on to your best players, especially after you've just negotiated a new long-term contract with them. I think the trade rumor is just gossip or speculation.
I think itā€™s the natural way the ā€œmediaā€ prolongs a story that is already basically dead. You had a non-injury benching last week of arguably the best WR in football and rumors and speculation began to fly. Then he sustains a new injury and is out this week, so the media needs to extend the ā€œThomas is Disgruntledā€ angle - and how do you do that? By saying ā€œthe team is fielding trade offers - it must be a broken relationship!ā€

Guess what every coach listens to on every player ......offers.

The Chiefs would listen to an offer for Mahomes - but the Chiefs can say ā€œyour next 10 first rounders and Patrick is yours!ā€ So essentially itā€™s not a real trade discussion but youā€™d be a crappy manager if you didnā€™t listen to what the outside market is for one of your most valuable assets.

Sad thing is I like Mike Florio but if this isnā€™t the most click baiting article lol :yelrotflmao:

He doesnā€™t even accredit it to a source. He simply says ā€œsome league circlesā€ think we might.

Yeah, and ā€œsome league circlesā€ thought weā€™d be willing to trade Brees a few years ago or even AK two months ago. :biglol:

But.....we have "inside info" to the contrary

If MT is a locker room problem, Sean Payton knows he must have a united fired-up locker room. If that's the case, I think its likely SP will trade him.
So, two ifs preceding a speculative statement. Not like you to sit on a fence šŸ˜Ž

No way MT has gone from an ideal team contributor to a problem big enough to warrant a trade in less than a year.

this year is exhausting. Also trading him would signal to me that weā€™ve essentially just given up on this season. 5 games in. With a winning record and in division contention. Silly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom