Might as well post it before someone does with an over reactionary title: PFT SPECULATES Mike could be traded (1 Viewer)

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score

Sad thing is I like Mike Florio but if this isn’t the most click baiting article lol :yelrotflmao:

He doesn’t even accredit it to a source. He simply says “some league circles” think we might.

Yeah, and “some league circles” thought we’d be willing to trade Brees a few years ago or even AK two months ago. :biglol:

Last edited:
Something that bothers me about this: Payton has been really good to Florio. He’s gone on his show a ton.

If Florio really wanted to “report” something on this, he could reach out to Payton directly and get a pretty good indication. But my guess is that it wouldn’t get many clicks because of what the answer would be.

Yea, the Saints are going to trade MT to the Texans for a first Nd J.J. Watt.

I should be immune by now, but the endless invention passed off as news, and then inevitably debated here as near fact, exhausts me.
I get that it’s frustrating...but honestly following a bye week, where our star receiver reinjured himself and our prize free agent receiver gets Covid on the same day our division rivals sign yet another offensive weapon ...what are we supposed to talk about?

Thomas’ injury has been discussed extensively. Sanders illness has been discussed extensively. AB to the Bucs has been discussed extensively.

Payton is always tight lipped about all aspects of the team, so it’s hard to discuss anything that isn’t “speculative”.

Again, I get the agitation at these click bait articles with zero substance - but the debate that these articles inspire is one of the best things about this board in my opinion. 🙂

Something that bothers me about this: Payton has been really good to Florio. He’s gone on his show a ton.

If Florio really wanted to “report” something on this, he could reach out to Payton directly and get a pretty good indication. But my guess is that it wouldn’t get many clicks because of what the answer would be.

Being good to aside, do you really think Payton would offer that up when he won't even answer questions about injuries? And the language he used would not be "some circles". He would absolutely imply he had a high rank source

I get that it’s frustrating...but honestly following a bye week, where our star receiver reinjured himself and our prize free agent receiver gets Covid on the same day our division rivals sign yet another offensive weapon ...what are we supposed to talk about?

Thomas’ injury has been discussed extensively. Sanders illness has been discussed extensively. AB to the Bucs has been discussed extensively.

Payton is always tight lipped about all aspects of the team, so it’s hard to discuss anything that isn’t “speculative”.

Again, I get the agitation at these click bait articles with zero substance - but the debate that these articles inspire is one of the best things about this board in my opinion. 🙂
Well argued and articulated. I suppose the exhaustion remains with the aspect I talked about, that being the dogged determination to dress speculation up as fact. Too many times I see people use very absolute statements, 'I promise you', 'There is no doubt', 'You can be sure' etc. while they in fact know no more definitely than any of the rest of us.

You don't have to be an insider or even know anything about football to see that is is pretty obvious that MT is being shopped. He's a known commodity who missed his last game due to a non-injury related reason and is now missing a game that he was supposed to be healthy for due to a "hamstring" injury about 10 days before the trade deadline. We won a SB without a true #1 WR and we haven't won anything with a true #1 WR. I'm a Saints fan first and any player is available for the right price especially if it ensures long term success of the franchise.

Being good to aside, do you really think Payton would offer that up when he won't even answer questions about injuries? And the language he used would not be "some circles". He would absolutely imply he had a high rank source

I do. Just as he did when they made it clear they would be willing to trade Kamara if they couldn’t reach a deal and a team blew them out of the water with an offer.

Compare the AK reports with this report. That one was legit. This one is pure speculation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom