Mike Bell (1 Viewer)

I really don't see him having as much of an impact this year. He'l probably be used about as much as Duece was last year......sparingly and in short yardage situations. Payton has a habit of going with the hot hand. So, unless Bush and/or PT get injured he'll be on the sidelines for most of the offensive plays. Final prediction for his season stats: 25 carries for 82 yards and 2 TD's.

1st down record breaker

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Bell will set a record for the most 1st downs gained in a single season by a running back. Now that the dream ended, he won't get that many touches because of all the trickery and weapons the saints possess. Evans will probably have a great year also. The Cowgirls never expected the fullback to score that much in short yardage situations when Karney tore their butts up. I was there in Dallas and Payton used every single weapon on offense that we had. He used them and succeeded, repeatedly. The Cowgirls didn't know what the******** was happening or how to stop it. As soon as they would try to get a handle on on facet of the Saints attack, Payton would switch gears. It was an awesome thing to witness as I now live in Dallas and get it from the fans here.
There won't be one standout player. This is the best team oriented Saints roster I have seen. One man goes down and there are several right behind him ready to produce.

My expectations being someone who has watched all his live games - don't get your hopes up.

The guy got some yards in Denver. DENVER. Anyone with two feet and a working eye could have gotten yards in Denver. I watched his carries last year, and he looked stiff and didnt have much lateral movement. PT is by far a superior RB than Bell. Hokie Gajan isnt a NFL scout anymore for a reason.

slow down guys..

PT ran well last season and can catch out the backfield. Mike Bell had a good year for Denver back in 2006, but I don't think he is on Pierre's level..the dude had 1 decent game for us last season and it was against DETROIT.

I'll add that I think he can come in and get the job done if Bush or Pierre were to get hurt, but for him to straight up unseat Thomas just seems crazy..I haven't seen enough of him to believe that.

Don't think he will get many carries. I still think PJ Hill or the Donaldson dude will get carries on short yardage situations. PJ running behind Nicks sounds like it might be a good thing. PJ is from Wisconsin and Nicks is from Nebraska. Both schools are known for their running tradition.

Sorry, but I really think Bell is underrated. I truly think Pierre will have a great year, as he is a slippery, forward momentum back, but Bell still has a step and some power. Reggie is no slouch in the power dept either(remember him carrying two falcons into the endzone?). I know everyone hates on Reggie for not scoring every time he touched the ball, but he complimented Duece. Bell has a little more spring in his burst than Duece had. I mean I love the guy, but his position and Steckers had become the same thing, wrecking ball. Bell still has a little gas in the tank to spell #1(Pierre), and the other #1(Reggie) for some third down conversions/pass blocks.

In the same vein I value Pierre and Reggie so much I would rather a back who, in the vent we were without for a few games, or the season, would not be a major loss. Lets face it, he hasn't exactly been any significant feature in our offense since we've become offensive royalty. Anybody we can throw at a wall and doesn't break is a bonus. Lets hope the 2009 fearsome foursome invoves four backs who scare the crap out of DC's around the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom